aberdeen-music

Let's converse in French...

where in france you looking to be? in paris you can rent a nice apartment for a month for about 200.

Yeh I've seen some lovely flats in Paris, I'm happy to be anywhere, I just want to go and spend some of the money I've saved before I have to start Uni. I'm just trying to decide whether I want a scabby apartment in a good area or a nice apartment in a dodgy area. Either way I'll be happy not to be in the North-East drizzle for a month.

I'm planning on just going and spending a great month in Paris, if I'm lucky I'll find a rich woman, otherwise I'll be coming back in September.

you don't know how unbelievably jealous i am of you right now. look on ile de la cite/ile st louis. chris and i saw a huge 2 bedroom apartment there for 500 euros a month so you'd be able to get cheaper for a 1 bedroom or studio. and it's right by notre dame, in one of the best areas in paris. loads of old stores and wonderful cafes, plus the best ice cream store in the world is on ile st louis.

you don't know how unbelievably jealous i am of you right now. look on ile de la cite/ile st louis. chris and i saw a huge 2 bedroom apartment there for 500 euros a month so you'd be able to get cheaper for a 1 bedroom or studio. and it's right by notre dame' date=' in one of the best areas in paris. loads of old stores and wonderful cafes, plus the best ice cream store in the world is on ile st louis.[/quote']

Good call, there's some crackers on Ile de la cite on this website I'm browsing. I just had a cup of coffee and a Pain au Chocolat to get me in the mood.

Don't be jealous, I'll bring you back a beret.

don't fly with your namesake airline to paris. they fly to beauvais airport, where the arrival/departure lounge is in a marquee next to the building. and it costs you more than the flights themselves just to get into the city.

bring me back a toulouse-lautrec print from a stall along the seine, i already have a beret.

don't fly with your namesake airline to paris. they fly to beauvais airport' date=' where the arrival/departure lounge is in a marquee next to the building. and it costs you more than the flights themselves just to get into the city. .[/quote']

Yeh, I've had nightmare experiences with Ryan Air, they drop you off in the most unbelivably ridiculous locations.

bring me back a toulouse-lautrec print from a stall along the seine' date=' i already have a beret.[/quote']

You can never have enough berets, but I'll get you the Lautrec print anyway.

Is the Cafe from Amelie still standing? One of my major quests is to visit it as I forgot last time.

yep. it's a lot smaller than you'd think. and a little pricey but it's got a great atmosphere. it's on one of the little hill streets on the way up to sacre coeur. blanche is the best metro stop for it. it's on rue lepic. just cross over blvd de clichy when you get out of the metro and it's about halfway up lepic.

just shout at them' date=' much like shouting at the corporate beggers who harrass you for your bank details for the blind, deaf, unfortunate, etc.[/quote']

I had such an unfortunate incident last week with a chap from Amnesty International. We had a lovely chat and then he started asking for money, I offered to have a baby with him just to get out of giving him money and in the end I just walked off and felt guilty all day.

i feel no shame in yelling 'you're not taking my fucking bank details' at them after i discovered that a girl i know who worked for one of those companies as a corporate begger was clearing about 600 a week in commission. If these charities need money as badly as they claim to, they shouldn't pay such a huge amount of money.

The craziest thing was, I don't know my bank account number off by heart and I didn't take my cards into town that day because I didn't want to spend much. So when I told him that, he didn't believe me!!

I realise that giving to charities is very important but if I want to give my money away I'll decide who I give it to thank you very much!

I had a similar experience. His opening line was "Do I like children?" to which I gave my stock reply "No, they are expensive, they smell, they are disrespectful and when they finally leave home you have to fund them while they drink their way through university." Then he asked if I like guns. What kind of question is that! The conversation went down hill after that.

In the end I didn't have my bank details either so he made no money off me. I'd be happy to give money to worthy causes, but not through a "corporate beggar" (great phrase).

Pete