aberdeen-music

guitar/music shops?

David

does anyone know of any semi decent places apart from the usuall rnb/bruce millers/prosound? not necessarily in aberdeen, but preferably close enough?

the places here are pretty good, but i was just wandering if there is anywhere else that may have some new guitars/pedals and the like...

David

there's two music shops in stonehaven. ones a traditional/folk music type shop but sells electric guitars (i bought a 70's strat there for not much), and the other sells electrics, basses and has some effects pedals. they had quite a few MXR pedals in which i'd not seen in any aberdeen music shop.

McCormacks in glasgow was good for stuff when i went there, although was not that impressed with the service. i wanted to try a pedal but the guy behind the counter refused to go and open the glass case which had the pedals in it as there was no one to stand by the tills even though the glass case was only a couple of meters away.

cool, they dont sound too hard to find

what sort of stuff do they have in stock? someone mentioned MXR which sounds excellent, any other decent effects or guitars/amps they would have in (that we dont have in aberdeen)

i will have to drive down for a look sometime soon

David

i don't know the street names of hand but they are near the town centre. the traditional type one is across from a farmfoods' date=' and the other one is just up a bit from a charity shop which i think is called far and wide.[/quote']

using my powers of deduction and leet streetmap skills here's where they are, folk one first:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=387350&Y=785810&A=Y&Z=1

and the other one is probably about here:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=387250&Y=785840&A=Y&Z=1

I didn't realise there were two down the road now. Might have to wander down and check them out next time I'm visiting the folks.