aberdeen-music

Floyd reunite for Live 8.

Rory, that site may well be correct, but it was posted last month.. This reformation is just announced... BBC tend not to publish a definitive version like that if its just a rumour.. if there was any doubt they would say Floyd 'poised to reform' or 'could reform'.

Its interesting news anyway, but there you go.

Pink Floyd will play the London leg of Live 8 in Hyde Park on July 2.

Today (June 12) is the last day to enter the compeition for tickets. To be in with a chance you must text 84599 with the answer to the following question:

Which city is nearest to the G8 summit in July? A) Berlin, B) Moscow, C) Edinburgh.

Lines close at midnight. All the correct entries will then be entered in a lottery and pairs of tickets will be allocated from tomorrow (June 13).

Hope you get a ticket!!

I like Pink Floyd' date=' but this breaks so many commandments that it must be the work of the Devil (esp. if they play "Money"): 1, never reform; 2, never live on past glories; 3, never play charity events (em, other than benefit gigs for revolutionary popular movevments like the Zapatistas :gringo: )[/quote']

Well as Floyd didnt actually split up they're not reforming, they're just playing a gig with an old member guesting, and its not a charity gig persay it's to raise awareness,

Cheers

Stuart

Well as Floyd didnt actually split up they're not reforming' date=' they're just playing a gig with an old member guesting, and its not a charity gig persay it's to raise awareness,

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

If the monies raised via the phone lottery goes to the Band Aid trust, then I could argue that it is a charity gig.

But that would be pedantic of me.

:D

If the monies raised via the phone lottery goes to the Band Aid trust' date=' then I could argue that it is a charity gig.

But that would be pedantic of me.

:D[/quote']

Well the money IS going to the Prices Trust I believe but in compensation of the fact that they've cancelled their usual Party in the Park gig so Live8 can go ahead.

Cheers

Stuart