aberdeen-music

whats the best wah pedal

mad_max

I have a Boss V-Wah pedal, in my opinion the best you can buy, but its expensive -90 or therabouts, has a gain setting if thats what you mean by drive. You can also make your own wah sounds and store them, which is fucking awesome, also there are 5 preset effects, including CBY (hendrix style).

Great, but expensive, Wah pedal :up:

i've got the white 105Q crybaby shown above and it's pretty sweet. has variable Q and volume control so you can set it to boost the output if you wish. only shite thing is that the controls are on the bottom but once you get them set, you're flying.

cost me about 100 but that was years ago.

also, i've never really experimented with a great deal of others but i suggest that might be your best bet. find somewhere that stocks a few and try them out, see what suits you.

/x

For guitar I have found Vox wahs to be nicer sounding than Crybabies.

in what way to you find them different?

i have a GCB-95 crybaby and dont really like it, and i am wandering if it is just me not liking wah pedals or me not liking that wah in particular.

i was playing with a dime wah and it was excellent, as you can set it to work for rhythmy riffs and powerchord type stuff, without being completely overbearing and crappy like teh crybaby i have is, just wandering if there were any pedals out there that would suit what i want better stock, or if i would need to spend a bit more on something liek the dime i can setup as i like

David

It's really just a case of trying a heap of different wahs and finding out what works best for you....

I use a Morley, its good for me cause its switchless, and it sounds good for heavy stuff. I have found that the best sounding wah for general use on guitar is probably the Vox.

Regular wahs sound good on bass too, although I dont know which one would be the best. Why dont you go into R&B and try a few through a bass?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gregor Ascension

I have a Jim Dunlop standard Wah. Its rubbish! id adbvise against it, as for a little more money, you could go for the Dunlop 535Q Joe Satriani Wah (it is a beast). If I was to bye a new Wah Pedal, Id go for the Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah or the 535Q.