aberdeen-music

Coldplay - X & Y

Here's an equation that explains it all.

Coldplay=commercially and artistically successful/

therefore/Aberdeen Music Musos=fucking hate them.

To apply equation to other successful acts, simply replace "coldplay" with the band of your choice.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeenat Aman
Here's an equation that explains it all.

Coldplay=commercially and artistically successful/

therefore/Aberdeen Music Musos=fucking hate them.

To apply equation to other successful acts' date=' simply replace "coldplay" with the band of your choice.[/quote']

:sleeping:

Just about every post of yours features a variation of the above...

Insert the Foo Fighters, I think a whole lot of people on this site like them, and so, it disproves your point.

Ironically' date=' I think that ... even Madonna are the visible acts which are best advancing pop-music.[/quote']

I'd disagree, I think you'll find that it's "unknown" people that are pushing pop music, for instance, U2 Have probably been influenced by plenty of electronic acts, and the remixes for "lemon" and the like have shaped their direction, and as for madona, she depends on cutting edge producers to give her "her sound", so, is it madona or the producers that "push the boundaries"?

there was one madona song, sounded like a watered down Aphex Twin (4 years later)...

If anyone is pushing pop, it's Bjork (and if she does collaborate, I am sure she understands the producers, and what they are doing, not just depending on them to amke her "a new sound", but, she's gone too far for the public, as you don't see her lp's flying off the shelf no more...She's gone the other way, making more crazy shit,instead of relaxing and playing it safe.

music by numbers is no fun (for me). but, 80% of britain buys the sun "newspaper"....I don't.

lepeep.png

Why is it such a bad thing that mum's listen to your music with their kids on the way to school anyways? My mum would listen to Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell in the car but it doesn't make them rubbiss :D

I wouldn't have thought it was a bad thing' date=' earlier in this thread I think I mentioned that most people wouldn't mind mothers listening to their music! I just think the Lighthouse Family are perhaps the best example of this bland type of music, however my own mother just bought 'X&Y' for the car lol, so that kind of disproves this previous point of mine, oh well.

Then again Oasis have been around even longer than both and were touted as/probably were the biggest British band in the world for a while and look what happened to them...

The thing with Oasis is that they made two incredible albums, followed by 'Be Here Now' which was commerically very successful but creatively below par, and then two fairly shit albums (I haven't heard 'Don't Believe The Truth' yet but I believe it's meant to be pretty average). 'X&Y' however is better than the previous two Coldplay albums and has sold shedloads, meaning that both commerically and creatively they are currently on top. Hopefully this also means their next album will be even better. :)

Mike

however my own mother just bought 'X&Y' for the car lol' date=' so that kind of disproves this previous point of mine, oh well.

The thing with Oasis is that they made two incredible albums, followed by 'Be Here Now' which was commerically very successful but creatively below par, and then two fairly shit albums (I haven't heard 'Don't Believe The Truth' yet but I believe it's meant to be pretty average). 'X&Y' however is better than the previous two Coldplay albums and has sold shedloads, meaning that both commerically and creatively they are currently on top. Hopefully this also means their next album will be even better. :)[/quote']

Those mothers! Always looking down on us forumers and disproving our points! :p

I still haven't heard the new Coldplay album yet (although I've been told by quite a few people that it's actually really good, people I wouldn't have expected to like it mostly) but just wanted to make the point that length of career wasn't a good enough point to put the Lighthouse Family down on ;)

Dear god - it kinda looks like I've been sticking up for the Lighthouse Family in this thread a lot...