aberdeen-music

Coldplay - X & Y

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i wouldn't be that bothered about their banal existence if they weren't paraded as 'the greatest band in the world' on radio 1. fucking assholes. why does radio 1 act like it's the fucking NME these days, desperate to be onto 'the next big thing' - a bit stupid really

I really like Parachutes, although that's probably because I listened to it all the time when I first moved back to Scotland and hated everything and now I associate it with learning to not hate everything. We Never Change is probably my favourite track.

Coldplay are one of those bands who I would very rarely listen to on my own at home, or on my mp3 player but who I won't go "ohhhh not this fucking shite the singer looks like a right trog" when it comes on in Triple Kirks.

Having said that, I certainly don't understand why everyone says they're the best thing ever. Plenty of bands have been making miserable music for years and years and years.

I really like Parachutes' date=' although that's probably because I listened to it all the time when I first moved back to Scotland and hated everything and now I associate it with learning to not hate everything. We Never Change is probably my favourite track.

Coldplay are one of those bands who I would very rarely listen to on my own at home, or on my mp3 player but who I won't go "ohhhh not this fucking shite the singer looks like a right trog" when it comes on in Triple Kirks.

Having said that, I certainly don't understand why everyone says they're the best thing ever. Plenty of bands have been making miserable music for years and years and years.[/quote']

Tom Waits, that is miserable music done properly

i wouldn't be that bothered about their banal existence if they weren't paraded as 'the greatest band in the world' on radio 1. fucking assholes. why does radio 1 act like it's the fucking NME these days' date=' desperate to be onto 'the next big thing' - a bit stupid really[/quote']

If you atre referring to Coldplay then shut the fuck up.

Coldplay have been big since parachutes.

Why should they not play it?

The majority of Britain like Coldplay so being the main radio station(apart from radio 2:P) they have to play to the masses.

Makes sense.

Any i've only heard the single which reminds me of a crap version of Clocks sounds not bad I highly doubt it will beat Parachutes but who knows.

also i blame the popularity of coldplay for the likes of keane, maroon 5, athlete and all those other dull fuckers on the mainstream circuit at the moment. the hype surrounding the new album is ridiculous, still thats the norm these days. but fast sales dont mean much - i mean remember 'be here now' ????

the rokysopp remix of clocks is pretty neat mind.

Pissed of with the radio, my colleagues have resorted to bringing in CD's to listen to to keep us inspired during mind numbing coding sessions.....X & Y was one such album..once it finished I think everyone was glad it had. The singles are the only strong points and even they are relatively weak, its a pretty depressing listen though...also the lack of dynamics makes it even more unlistenable, but thats the mastering engineers fault....

also i blame the popularity of coldplay for the likes of keane' date=' maroon 5, athlete and all those other dull fuckers on the mainstream circuit at the moment. the hype surrounding the new album is ridiculous, still thats the norm these days. but fast sales dont mean much - i mean remember 'be here now' ????

the rokysopp remix of clocks is pretty neat mind.[/quote']

be here now rocks :rockon:

I don't really like coldplay, although i did really like parachutes when it first came out, but I find it a bit odd how people will hate them so much. They are very average but theres nothing incredibly bad about them which i can see which could be reason for such hate. The reason they are paraded as being one of the biggest bands in the world is because in terms of sales they are. They are very very popular in the us which is rare for a uk band, so it is obvious they will be put up on a pedestal above others.