aberdeen-music

is bass cool?

Jimmygoodein

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to play bass in the early days of gilman. i am not a bass player turned guitarist so don't get all uppety i was forced because i was the smallest (true story by the way).

i never enjoyed playing bass ever altough i enjoyed being in a band with my friends.

if you're that bothered you can hear my talents as a bass player on our recording of "backseat ride" (which might not be released again) on the tam o shantie compilation.

i have one copy left. it's a pretty rad cd by the way.

no im saying bass will be boring if you try to learn really simple and boring stuff.

well no, you were implying that. and of course it's going to be boring if you learn "boring stuff" ?!

also, it doesn't matter if its simple. Its whether it sounds good and is fun to play. simple stuff can be fun to play.

Originally posted by Nicky Ca$ino:

The bass is easy to play but you do tend to get lumped in with the drummers in social situations and no-body wants that. Also, you have to be really tall and/or good-looking to be a bassist. I think it's a tradition, or an old charter or something.

:laughing: Thats why Im a bassist :rolleyes: