aberdeen-music

Sin City Questions.... *possible spoilers*

medichi

Saw this today, and very ace it was. I have a coupla questions though, stuff that I either missed (had to have a quick slash 40mins in) or wasn't there:

1) Why was Goldie killed and not eaten? Why was Marv the "target"? If the mayor bloke was so powerful, surely the word of a hooker wasn't so frightening?

2) Was the girl (Jessica Alba - I forget the characters name) just being hunted down to tie up loose ends, finish the job so to speak? r was there another reason?

3) How many bnooks are there, and what order do they come in? Do they have to be read in order?

I'm sure there were others I had....

1) Why was Goldie killed and not eaten? Why was Marv the "target"? If the mayor bloke was so powerful, surely the word of a hooker wasn't so frightening?

Goldie was killed and not eaten to frame marv for the whole thing, he was the "fall guy" they were looking for to take the rap. and if she was eaten well wouldnt have left much evidence

besides marv would have heard got up and kicked some ass!

2) Was the girl (Jessica Alba - I forget the characters name) just being hunted down to tie up loose ends, finish the job so to speak? r was there another reason?

Nancy (Jessica Alba) wasnt being hunted down, it was just a final attempt by Roriks son to exact final revenge upon Hanigan (bruce willace)

3) How many books are there, and what order do they come in? Do they have to be read in order?

not actually sure as i've not actually read the books but the books are exactly the same as the film apparently. But there are plenty of other stories from everyones favorite sinful city. Just go on ebay and do a search :)

hope thats helped?!

Goldie was killed and not eaten to frame marv for the whole thing' date=' he was the "fall guy" they were looking for to take the rap. and if she was eaten well wouldnt have left much evidence

[/quote']

Hmm, fair enough. Just thought the point was Rourke was so powerful he could do ANYTHING and get away with it. But what you say makes sense, as does your other explanation. Ta!

I loved Elijah Wood being evil, definately going to stop him being typecast in the future. It was a gorgeous film but I think the last story with the yellow guy was boring as hell. The last one with the hookers was the best, should have ended the film on that, it just seemed to drag afterwards.

1) Why was Goldie killed and not eaten? Why was Marv the "target"? If the mayor bloke was so powerful' date=' surely the word of a hooker wasn't so frightening?

Goldie was killed and not eaten to frame marv for the whole thing, he was the "fall guy" they were looking for to take the rap. and if she was eaten well wouldnt have left much evidence

besides marv would have heard got up and kicked some ass!

Nancy (Jessica Alba) wasnt being hunted down, it was just a final attempt by Roriks son to exact final revenge upon Hanigan (bruce willace)

3) How many books are there, and what order do they come in? Do they have to be read in order?

not actually sure as i've not actually read the books but the books are exactly the same as the film apparently. But there are plenty of other stories from everyones favorite sinful city. Just go on ebay and do a search :)

hope thats helped?![/quote']

hehe Rhino, you know your stuff, I remembered when you showed me the trailor :p must have been excited.. :D.. I haven't seen it..cause I'M STILL A BABY :(

Hmm' date=' fair enough. Just thought the point was Rourke was so powerful he could do ANYTHING and get away with it. But what you say makes sense, as does your other explanation. Ta![/quote']

Rourke was powerful, but i think it was more the fact that possibly if she'd spread the world to all the hookers in old town Rourke and Kevin would have no grub!