aberdeen-music

New Rock Night On Fridays

lava p.

kef / lava are looking at the possibility of launching an old skool rock night sometime in august' date=' once a month on fridays.

possibly free entry

would anyone be up for this.[/quote']

Personally I don't think Aberdeen needs another 'old skool' rock nite, as there is already air guitar on sat at Moshulu. I would prefer a more heavy nite, as Moshulu kinda veers away from the heavier tracks come the weekend.

Personally, I think Kef/Lava would be better off sticking to their established formula with club nights - but maybe trying to attract good nights from other venues? A rock night, even if it went back to Lava just wouldn't "feel" right - at the minute, if I go to Kef, I expect to hear a certain kind of music, I just don't think "rock" would fit in at all.

Didnt the X-certs play their very first gig at Lava? Maybe my memory is deceiving me but thats what i remeber, a good few years ago mind you. It might be nice for Lava to have some live music maybe, like once a month, but then again i havent been there for ages some i dont know what its like anymore.

Then again the Lemon Tree and Moshulu all offer this though, wouldnt it be nice to sit in a nice chilled out atmosphere and listen to some live music though? Anyway, sorry, a bit off topic...

A rock night might be nice :up:

It might be nice for Lava to have some live music maybe' date=' like once a month, but then again i havent been there for ages some i dont know what its like anymore.

[/quote']

They had live music most nights of the week a year or two back...still pretty regular now and certainly more than once a month is it not?

Didnt the X-certs play their very first gig at Lava? Maybe my memory is deceiving me but thats what i remeber' date=' a good few years ago mind you. It might be nice for Lava to have some live music maybe, like once a month, but then again i havent been there for ages some i dont know what its like anymore.

Then again the Lemon Tree and Moshulu all offer this though, wouldnt it be nice to sit in a nice chilled out atmosphere and listen to some live music though? Anyway, sorry, a bit off topic...

A rock night might be nice :up:[/quote']

yeh they did, it was with diablo