aberdeen-music

What is your drink?

NARC

If you can get hold of it' date=' Banana Bread beer is probably the greatest thing I've ever tasted. The only good thing about Safeway changing to Morrisons is that they now stock this fabulous elixir in bottle form.[/quote']

One day I'll remember the fantastic year they had Banana Bread beer on tap at the Cambridge Folk Festival.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my number 1 drink is Red wine but pubs dont do decent reds on tap so its usually the inferior Guiness

Thinking about this more... yes we could stock a quality wine specially for you under-the-counter. BUT you'd have to finish every bottle you opened - or take the remains away as a carry out.

We used to apply inert gas to open wine bottles to prevent the wine spoiling once opened. The problem is that we'd usually forget and the wine would go off overnight... hence why we started stocking the smaller bottles. But these day's were a much slicker outfit and could add "apply gas to wine" to our end of night check list. There was also less call for wine in those days but the clientele have changed.

Have you tried out little bottles BTW?

This stuff sounds interesting. I've seen banana fruit beer and can get hold of that but doubt it's the same stuff. Can you locate a link for this stuff?

Check with Dave if it's the same brewery that makes the bottled stuff he's recommending' date=' but it was Charles Wells that supplied the beer for Cambridge. Follow the link for ales on the front page, the tab for Banana Bread beer is then on the left hand side.

Sadly, BBC Radio 2 now sponsor Cambridge, not Charles Wells, so the exclusivity of the beer tent has declined. Still, they do still have the Guiness tent...

A nice australian Chardonnay...mmmm

Other than that....

Vodka... but I hate cheap nasty vodka... it makes me feel sick and just seems to sting - i will drink it if there is no other option - I quite like the one in the moorings with the wee scorpion in the bottle OR Cherry Vodka! Yums! I also love Baileys.

I'm such a woman.

I will usually go for Cherry Beer...I'm starting to hate it but its habit.

Usually a John Smiths, Caffreys, 80 schillings or any decent ale/real ale on tap...

At home, on the odd occasion I drink at home, to be honest its more at my folks home I drink... waggledance (honey beer) Bishops Finger, Hobgoblin, Old Speckled Hen, Spitfire and all the other asda 3 for a fiver beers :D This shit is probably so high in calories so I am seriously trying to reduce my intake :help:

If you can get hold of it' date=' Banana Bread beer is probably the greatest thing I've ever tasted. The only good thing about Safeway changing to Morrisons is that they now stock this fabulous elixir in bottle form.[/quote']

Where's the humping smilie? Oh my, gotta get my mits on some of that :D

I'm not fussy with my drinking but what I have to do is cut down on the cocktails. Yes they taste so good but it's not doing much for the diet.

Malibu is still my favourite. xXFor lyfeXx, etc.

is there not some law that you have to get free tapwater in a club or bar? hmm cuold be making that one up like....

i agree tho, a 250ml bottle of pish water for mucho expensiveo is a bitty poor!

likewise if your on the softies. pint of coke for 2:2 and they expect you to drink less alcohol when its cheaper!?! doh!

feeling like you have to explain yourself for not drinking alcohol is something that annoys me very much' date=' adn i think you can get free tap water everywhere if you want.[/quote']

It's just like explaining to people trying to tap fags off of you that you don't smoke.

Nothing wrong with it.

Well my number 1 drink is Red wine but pubs dont do decent reds on tap so its usually the inferior Guiness

my mum and i got lucky a couple weeks ago when the bassment opened a nice bottle of pinot noir for us.

i've found drinking diet coke instead of coke when you're drinking spirits (jack) you feel less bloated and your teeth feel less likely to decay. there's 140 cals in a can of man coke as opposed to zero in diet. presuming you don't mind a high aspartame intake. or i start drinking a nice wine in my flat before i head out and by the time i'm pissed i don't mind the shit they serve in nightclubs. only problem is if the club doesn't have any red and i decide to switch to whisky and i end up passed out.

Thinking about this more... yes we could stock a quality wine specially for you under-the-counter. BUT you'd have to finish every bottle you opened - or take the remains away as a carry out.

can i be added to the 'specially for you' list over the summer. i'm gonna be feeling flush and i'm such a wino that once i have a glass i have to keep drinking wine till there's no more left and the shops are shut.

can i be added to the 'specially for you' list over the summer. i'm gonna be feeling flush and i'm such a wino that once i have a glass i have to keep drinking wine till there's no more left and the shops are shut.

Yeah we've noticed. So what the hell. OK then.

We'll now stock a few bottles of good shit UTC. And you're on the list too.