aberdeen-music

What is your drink?

NARC

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understand that when people go up to a bar and ask for 'a pint'. A pint of what? Car oil? Semi-Skimmed milk? A young virgin's blood?

Some people aren't bothered, so long as it's alcholic and carbonated. The only time I have been non-specific was when I walked in to pub, spitting feathers I was, and all they had was Millers or Fosters. I thought that was like choosing which one of your kids to let die

on a quiet night I'll stick to the lager, usually tennents as I'm not fussy. weekends I'll usually switch to vodka and cokes halfway through and I'm also partial to white russians and paralysers. if I'm starting in a flat or having a night in then it's the wine. again not particularly fussy,. like white or red as long as it's drinkable.

on a quiet night I'll stick to the lager' date=' usually tennents as I'm not fussy. weekends I'll usually switch to vodka and cokes halfway through and I'm also partial to white russians and paralysers. if I'm starting in a flat or having a night in then it's the wine. again not particularly fussy,. like white or red as long as it's drinkable.[/quote']

That day you turned up at practice after a night on the absinthe and pretty much wrote a song in about 5 mins was priceless. :D

That day you turned up at practice after a night on the absinthe and pretty much wrote a song in about 5 mins was priceless. :D

well to be fair it wasn't a night just on absinthe. it was a night on beer, cocktails and vodka. but the abisnthe put the icing on the cake between the hours of 4 and 6am. and i'm blaming that entirely for my hideously hungover state the next day.

well to be fair it wasn't a night just on absinthe. it was a night on beer' date=' cocktails and vodka. but the abisnthe put the icing on the cake between the hours of 4 and 6am. and i'm blaming that entirely for my hideously hungover state the next day.[/quote']

Haha, yeah you were like 'Bleurghhh, Guys i'm probably not gonna be much use today' *RIFF, RIFF, BREAKDOWN, RIFF*

:D

I was gonna ask Flash if he would have Italian Barollo on tap but I think Im pushing the boat out too far

Flash is a reasonable guy.... just ask, the worst that'll happen is he'll tell you to FCUK OFF....

What is that beer hes got that is like 12 or 14%!!!

mental.......must get a pint of that...... :cheers:

Cider and blackcurrant, JD and coke or, more recently, Southern Comfort and lemonade. Although to be honest I only drink the latter instead of Jack as my boyfriend doesn't like the smell of me when I've been drinking, "the spawn of Margaret Thatcher and Satan." :O I also appear to be allergic to anything with rum in it, so no bacardi for me.

well to be fair it wasn't a night just on absinthe. it was a night on beer' date=' cocktails and vodka. but the abisnthe put the icing on the cake between the hours of 4 and 6am. and i'm blaming that entirely for my hideously hungover state the next day.[/quote']

Aye, Chris - You drink from a metal perspective?

:cheers:

If you can get hold of it' date=' Banana Bread beer is probably the greatest thing I've ever tasted. The only good thing about Safeway changing to Morrisons is that they now stock this fabulous elixir in bottle form.[/quote']

Oh.My.God.

I'm searching this beer out as SOON as I get paid by Asda...

you should come into sainsburys and buy a bottle of every ale' date=' and beer..

they have some real funky names, and the bottles would look ace all stacked up on a 2-bit mantel!!!![/quote']

But we're talking low-cal bev. I could be here all day enthusing about Old Speckled Hen, Hobgoblin, Fuller's London Pride, Marstons Pedigree, Theakstons Old Peculiar, Sheepshagger's Gold.......

Narc may be thin as a drainpipe now, but we don't want him looking like a drainpipe with some kind of blockage

I was gonna ask Flash if he would have Italian Barollo on tap but I think Im pushing the boat out too far

And now a brief wine snob interlude entirely for the benefit of Hog. Sorry.

Ahhh Barollo my personal favourite wine. The only problem is that a truely decent bottle runs well into double figures' date=' and needs to be a minimum of 10 years old. And therein lies the problem, there are 3 (proper) glasses in a bottle, and that would mean it retailing at over 10 per glass. Once we spent *cough* 65 *cough* (an entire weeks drinking budget) on a bottle that was 50 years old (1952). It was more than a touch past it and a bit of a let down, but the fact it was drinkable speaks volumes of the grapes inherent hardiness.

Another Italian worth checking out is Amarone. This is made from grapes that have been left to dry out a little on the vine, and has an almost sultanta flavour to it. It is the ultimate pizza wine :)

Hog - do you have access to Costco? If so then do yourself a favour and blag some of this increble stuff:

[url']http://www.pichon-lalande.com/uk/variety_to_wine/reserve.asp

Costs 14 a bottle but worth every penny!

Only one problem - Costco are *cough* currently *cough* sold out. My mate bought their entire stock LMAO! Bastard!

This is the producers 'second' wine... in other words the *cough* cheap stuff.

If you're feeling really adventurous then try and get hold of a Chateu Grillet. This is a white (well piss yellow actually) but tust me it doesn't taste like a regular white. It's a famously freakish wine. You won't get any in Aberdeen though... would have to order on-line,

Regular service has now been resumed.

Fuck Barollo - the greatest booze in the world is Addlestones and that's official ;)

The worst booze is Miller(s).