aberdeen-music

What is your drink?

NARC

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a Jim Beam Black with diet coke at the moment. makes a nice change from Lidl's Golden Sun bourbon. :up:

I'm usually a lager drinker, Budvar being a favourite at the mo. Usually move onto bourbon and coke later in the night, usually Jack, 'cos nowhere seems to stock any other bourbon anymore. :down:

Don't get me started on W.C. Fields

Ok' date=' just one: "What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"[/quote']

"Start every day with a smile. Get it over with."

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

"It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her for it."

"Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one."

Expect to see all of these as my signature at some point...

Expect to see all of these as my signature at some point...

Was your "who'd have thought my sorrows would be such strong swimmers" one of his? Or was it a paraphrase of the U2 lyric "I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim, surrounding me, going down on me, spilling over the brim"?

Was your "who'd have thought my sorrows would be such strong swimmers" one of his? Or was it a paraphrase of the U2 lyric "I was drowning my sorrows' date=' but my sorrows they learned to swim, surrounding me, going down on me, spilling over the brim"?[/quote']

Frasier's brother Niles, as it goes...

I'm having a Jim Beam Black with diet coke at the moment. makes a nice change from Lidl's Golden Sun bourbon. :up:

I'm usually a lager drinker' date=' Budvar being a favourite at the mo. Usually move onto bourbon and coke later in the night, usually Jack, 'cos nowhere seems to stock any other bourbon anymore. :down:[/quote']

Wait for it... we stock Jim Beam Black, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark, and occasionally some others. Oh - and Budvar too!

in beer ther is lots of carbs........ in spirits' date=' i.e. vodka there is none

*Slips on Barman of the Year Belt*

Minor correction needed here; all alcoholic drinks contain carbohydrates, vodka and other clear spirits contain less carbs than a spirit like whiskey as more impurities are removed during its making resulting in less sugars (carbohydrates) in the finished product.

Health tip: don't eat anything too fatty after you've been drinking as your body is busy trying to metabolise the alcohol and will put everything else on hold, meaning food is quickly stored as fat to get it out of the way for processing later.

A good way to start your night is a couple of Powerhouses (gin, brandy & bourbon; the Holy Trinity), drink as shot.

Wait for it... we stock Jim Beam Black' date=' Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark, and occasionally some others. Oh - and Budvar too![/quote']

I would drink in the Moorings every night if I could :cheers::up:, but some of my friends don't seem to like it; They have some serious misconceptions that I can't get rid of. :down: So I rarely get the chance to taste your fine selection.

in beer ther is lots of carbs........ in spirits' date=' i.e. vodka there is none

*Slips on Barman of the Year Belt*

Minor correction needed here; all alcoholic drinks contain carbohydrates, vodka and other clear spirits contain less carbs than a spirit like whiskey as more impurities are removed during its making resulting in less sugars (carbohydrates) in the finished product.

Health tip: don't eat anything too fatty after you've been drinking as your body is busy trying to metabolise the alcohol and will put everything else on hold, meaning food is quickly stored as fat to get it out of the way for processing later.

A good way to start your night is a couple of Powerhouses (gin, brandy & bourbon; the Holy Trinity), drink as shot.

http://www.weightlossforall.com/carbohydrates-alcohol.htm