aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest steeev

Anyone know about the band Senator??

Hi people,i was reading through some posts from a while back for the band Deadloss Superstar and it mentioned about playing a gig with Senator. Im a big fan of Senator but i cant find anything out about them! And their site dont work either. Just wonderin if anyone knew anything about em...

Cheers

They're from Edinburgh, and you're right, they are a cool band, although I feel they owe a lot to Shellac. I would point you in the direction of Stuart Maxwell, if he were still alive on these boards, but alas he's banned.

Last time I saw them was when they supported the Oxes in Edinburgh last year.

i'm afraid they split up(

Shame. They were pretty good news. Funnily enough I used to help them out in their previous incarnation' date=' [b']Houdini, when they were teenagers! The main 'man' did his school work experience with me in my promotions company at the time! Any news on a new band arising from the ashes?

Senator split up last year. Nick got married. Tom is in a band called Moniack. If anyone wants a copy of the Senator album "United Wire", PM me.

cheers

AKM

Im a big fan of Senator but i cant find anything out about them!

?(

I love chocolate cake but I don't know what it tastes like :D

you can get the cd on ebay. it sounds a bit like shellac. steve albini recorded it at electical audio i believe, which he does if you pay him and go over there.

Not at the minute. They split up last year. Nick got married in the summer and is focusing on uni work and solo stuff. Ross is in a new band called Moniack. If anyone wants a copy of the excellent Senator album "United Wire"' date=' PM me.[/quote']

Nick got married!! :rolleyes:

What about Tom, what's he up to?

i bumped into tom at the Gatechien gig in edinburgh in october...he's in Moniack also, and is opening a recording studio in Edinburgh with Ali from Moniack...who was also the drummer from Kling Klang (drakes dj faves!!)

im sure he has another band...which i cant recall at the moment...was a bit drunk!! it'll come back to me im sure!!

sharon

you can get the cd on ebay. it sounds a bit like shellac. steve albini recorded it at electical audio i believe' date=' which he does if you pay him and go over there.[/quote']

senator recieved a grant from their local arts council to go and record that cd (amazing cd)

moniack have been a band for years

sm

senator recieved a grant from their local arts council to go and record that cd (amazing cd)

Yeah, Scottish Arts Council coughed up, as they did for another Edinburgh band, 'Post Diluvian', a few months before that.

By the way, Mr Albini didn't take any cash to record either band as he was 'between jobs' at the time.

post diluvian were ace. i saw them destroy the wodka bar once and it was ace.

was it red admiral who feature an ex-member of post diluvian?

I bought their cd from ebay a while ago although I'd never heard of em coz i live in cornwall. Shame they split, they were awesome!