aberdeen-music

Anyone know about the band Senator??

Guest steeev

Guest steeev

Hi people,i was reading through some posts from a while back for the band Deadloss Superstar and it mentioned about playing a gig with Senator. Im a big fan of Senator but i cant find anything out about them! And their site dont work either. Just wonderin if anyone knew anything about em...

Cheers

• 5 months later...
Guest Startex
i'm afraid they split up(

Shame. They were pretty good news. Funnily enough I used to help them out in their previous incarnation' date=' [b']Houdini, when they were teenagers! The main 'man' did his school work experience with me in my promotions company at the time! Any news on a new band arising from the ashes?

Guest Startex
Not at the minute. They split up last year. Nick got married in the summer and is focusing on uni work and solo stuff. Ross is in a new band called Moniack. If anyone wants a copy of the excellent Senator album "United Wire"' date=' PM me.[/quote']

Nick got married!! :rolleyes:

What about Tom, what's he up to?

i bumped into tom at the Gatechien gig in edinburgh in october...he's in Moniack also, and is opening a recording studio in Edinburgh with Ali from Moniack...who was also the drummer from Kling Klang (drakes dj faves!!)

im sure he has another band...which i cant recall at the moment...was a bit drunk!! it'll come back to me im sure!!

sharon

Guest Startex
senator recieved a grant from their local arts council to go and record that cd (amazing cd)

Yeah, Scottish Arts Council coughed up, as they did for another Edinburgh band, 'Post Diluvian', a few months before that.

By the way, Mr Albini didn't take any cash to record either band as he was 'between jobs' at the time.

• 1 year later...