aberdeen-music

The Presidents of The United States of America

The Presidents of The United States of America are to play The Lemon Tree. P.U.S.A (as they will be referred to from hereon in) recently reformed to the joy of their worldwide army of fans, and have released a new album 'Love Everybody', as well as re-issuing their previous releases. They'll be Rockin' the 'Tree on Tuesday August 16th with new tracks as well as old favourites like 'Lump' and 'Peaches'

details of the show are here http://www.lemontree.org/Music/event.cfm?eventid=2567&tempmonth=8

Yes, YEEES

Caught them live on Fabchannel.com a few weeks ago and they were indeed awesome. This is a major victory for the Lemon Tree. Is this the start of something big? Are our local venues finally starting to play with the big boys? I for one hope so.

Once again, nice work Lemon Tree, nice work.

Caught them live on Fabchannel.com a few weeks ago and they were indeed awesome. This is a major victory for the Lemon Tree. Is this the start of something big? Are our local venues finally starting to play with the big boys? I for one hope so.

Once again' date=' nice work Lemon Tree, nice work.[/quote']

fabchannel rocks, a great way to watch live music, and the Paradiso is a great venuewith a fantastic atmosphere,

Cheers

Stuart

C This is a major victory for the Lemon Tree. Is this the start of something big? Are our local venues finally starting to play with the big boys? I for one hope so.

Once again' date=' nice work Lemon Tree, nice work.[/quote']

Well I think a well done should be given to the person who actually got the lemon tree the gig....which was not the lemon tree.....so well done to that person!

Staying in Aberdeen

Hi I'm going to see PUSA in the Lemon Tree because due to some scheduling issues i.e. I'm in Edinburgh for the Fringe I can't catch them in Dublin(home), I was just wondering did anyone know anywhere decent to stay that night in Aberdeen?

What's the deal?

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Lemon Tree box office phone?

Every time I try to call to book ticket for something noone answers. I've tried different days, different times of the day. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a secret to this? Do I need a flashing red phone? Seriously though, you can't book tickets online (quite behind the times if you ask me) so you'd asume that the phone would be manned with someone ready to take my money.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Lemon Tree box office phone?

Every time I try to call to book ticket for something noone answers. I've tried different days' date=' different times of the day. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a secret to this? Do I need a flashing red phone? Seriously though, you can't book tickets online (quite behind the times if you ask me) so you'd asume that the phone would be manned with someone ready to take my money.[/quote']

As far as I know there is only one box office assistant on duty at a time, and they have to serve customers who come in and ones on the phone which I'm sure isn't an easy task. Doesn't the answerphone message say if you stay on the line your call will be answered or something like that? Perhaps there is a case for a person dedicated to answering the phone, but the small amount of extra ticket sales this would produce is probably far outweighed by the cost of an extra staff member.

I've heard the online ticketing is going live very soon, maybe Jamie or Misterdale could give some more info on this.

As far as I know there is only one box office assistant on duty at a time' date=' and they have to serve customers who come in and ones on the phone which I'm sure isn't an easy task. Doesn't the answerphone message say if you stay on the line your call will be answered or something like that? Perhaps there is a case for a person dedicated to answering the phone, but the small amount of extra ticket sales this would produce is probably far outweighed by the cost of an extra staff member.

I've heard the online ticketing is going live very soon, maybe Jamie or Misterdale could give some more info on this.[/quote']

Sorry you've had difficulty getting through Preemo. Tony is correct that we only have one Box Office operator at any one time, so there can be times when it is difficlult to get through. However as we're appraoching our quiter summer period, I'm very concerned that you've been having trouble getting though to 01224 642230 during our opening hours recently. If it continues please private message me and let me know the time you rang, and I'll make sure you get the tickets you are after.

With regard to on-line ticketing, we have trial of that up and running for the Acoustic Ladyland gig. Any feedback would be gratefully received (you'll get a good idea of how the system works without having to make a purchase).

In terms of proximity to the venue the Premier Travel Inn couldn't be closer - 0870 990 6430 (you'll probably need UK dialing code).Might get something a bit cheaper' date=' but Premier is defo the handiest.[/quote']

Whoops, the number above is actually for the Premier Inn on North Anderson Drive (which isn't very handy for the Lemon Tree at all) - the number for the Metro / City Centre Travel Inn is 0870 990 6300.

Thanks

Sorry you've had difficulty getting through Preemo. Tony is correct that we only have one Box Office operator at any one time' date=' so there can be times when it is difficlult to get through. However as we're appraoching our quiter summer period, I'm very concerned that you've been having trouble getting though to 01224 642230 during our opening hours recently. If it continues please private message me and let me know the time you rang, and I'll make sure you get the tickets you are after.

With regard to on-line ticketing, we have trial of that up and running for the Acoustic Ladyland gig. Any feedback would be gratefully received (you'll get a good idea of how the system works without having to make a purchase).[/quote']

Thanks for your help with this dude. Will keep trying and let you know how I get on.