aberdeen-music

Fucking muggers!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman
Yep stoney is great....if i knew who you were maybe i could pick a fight with you to make you feel at home?

(who are you?)

Pfft to picking a fight with me. I'm much older than you so you won't know me - probably in the same pubs all the time and wouldn't even know. Which of the lovely establishments do you go to?

Never been mugged but been conned once

the sort of

"I need 10p for bus

actually its 20

yeah' date=' I need about a pound for the bus

My mother is actually dying just now, I need 5 pounds for flowers

look if you give me that 20 then i'll give you the ten I have in my wallet then we can give the 5 over and we're equal

ok now that other 20 I see you have......yeah you fucking do, I saw it!"

....sort of affair

[b'](Not Birdman)

There is a junky on George St who always tries that one on me, no matter how many times i say i've got no money... Always with the same story too, my wife is in hospital i just need 30p for the bus... The guy is a genius.

Charlotte Street can be pretty creepy - I used to live off of Maberly Street so getting home always involved shambling along some dodgy street or other.

Was reminded this week of the 'active homeless' in Glasgow prowling around with their cups this week and one preying on the Barrowlands queue. Last night I also noted that the beggars on Belmont Street seem to be working in groups of two now with one sitting and one blocking the pavement and engaging you in some kind of conversation about change.

It pisses me off that some people seem to think they're entitled to change/money/fags from you - I don't even smoke [sometimes when I'm utterly drunk excepted :p] and it riles me up something rotten to be disapproved of by skanky people in the street if I don't have a 'spare fug min' for them...

Been mugged three times, but never lost anything.

First was broad daylight at the quiet end of union street when I was much younger. Basically laughed in the guys face walked away and in the few seconds it took him to decide to give chase we'd jumped in the middle of a crowd of people and asked for their help. The guy ran off and we could see hi9m andf his friends following at a distance, but nothing more was done.

Police Response: Very impressive, though they never caught him.

Second was when I was about 18, as he was armed I decided to hand over the whole 2 pound something I had in my wallet but he wasn't happy with that and ordered me to a cash machine to empty my account. Somehow I persuaded him I could only use my card in the bank itself which the idiot agreed to, but I simply walked up to the teller and told him what was happening and they hit the alarm. Sadly the guy got away.

Police Response: Utter shite - infact they accused me of being a drug dealer for some reason.

Third time was in Glasgow where 3 of us were surrounded by 6 guys all armed with knives. Luckily one of my friends was fuckin nails, and the other two of us can look after ourselves well enough. The aformentioned friend had 2 disarmed and broke the arm of a third one before they could even blink, then turned on the fourth while the other 2 of us dealt with the remaining 2. Most of them legged it but the one I floored and the one with the broken arm we pinned down and waited for the police to arrive. The two actually tried to press assault charges against us.

Police Response: Good in as far as they were prompt and they basically refused to let the guys press their assault charge, but also not too impressive as the two guys or their friends were never punished for it in the end.

Pfft to picking a fight with me. I'm much older than you so you won't know me - probably in the same pubs all the time and wouldn't even know. Which of the lovely establishments do you go to?

how much older? I might know you...

Stoney is a fucking awful place for a night out, you're guaranteed to see a fight there. I never go down town anymore when I'm back and tend to just stay tucked up and safe in the station (or the county on a friday to escape kareoke hell) all night.

Second was when I was about 18' date=' as he was armed I decided to hand over the whole 2 pound something I had in my wallet but he wasn't happy with that and ordered me to a cash machine to empty my account. Somehow I persuaded him I could only use my card in the bank itself which the idiot agreed to, but I simply walked up to the teller and told him what was happening and they hit the alarm. Sadly the guy got away.

[/quote']

Thats BRILLIANT! :D

Guest bluesxman
how much older? I might know you...

Stoney is a fucking awful place for a night out' date=' you're guaranteed to see a fight there. I never go down town anymore when I'm back and tend to just stay tucked up and safe in the station (or the county on a friday to escape kareoke hell) all night.[/quote']

34 in August godammit. What are you going to do when the County (alledgedly) closes?

Whoa, it's rather amazing how common this kinda thing is...it's gonna make me think when I'm staggering home by myself, totally drunk in the future how vulnerable I am when this is possible to happen...specially when ive got my bass with me. I've never heard of things like this happening in Aberdeen really, I've had gangs of townies every were in Hull after me and trying to beat me up, they've only ever got a couple of punches in though, but my friend Rob from Swordface was mugged and pretty badly beaten up, he got put into hospital.

Third time was in Glasgow where 3 of us were surrounded by 6 guys all armed with knives. Luckily one of my friends was fuckin nails' date=' and the other two of us can look after ourselves well enough. The aformentioned friend had 2 disarmed and broke the arm of a third one before they could even blink, then turned on the fourth while the other 2 of us dealt with the remaining 2. Most of them legged it but the one I floored and the one with the broken arm we pinned down and waited for the police to arrive. The two actually tried to press assault charges against us.

[/quote']

When you said he was "nails", I didn't expect him to actually be Marv from Sin City

I got "mugged" in the graveyard when i was like 14 but some smack head. Sitting on a bench with my cousin and some wank comes over and says "give me all the money in your hand or i'll stab you with this screwdriver" for the whole 1 note i was holding in my hand i didn't think it was worth putting up a fight. Nowadays i would give hima bit of a kickin even for a pound note.

I got "mugged" in the graveyard when i was like 14 but some smack head. Sitting on a bench with my cousin and some wank comes over and says "give me all the money in your hand or i'll stab you with this screwdriver" for the whole 1 note i was holding in my hand i didn't think it was worth putting up a fight. Nowadays i would give hima bit of a kickin even for a pound note.

Presumably you mean St.Nicholas Kirk? My mum often cautions be about walking through there, and I argue that it's surrounded by the busiest streets there is. But I guess things do go on there

Some guys attempted to mug me once... it was in that funny alley bit at the side of markies that leads to the old fopp.

I was just heading home one night (i live above illicit still) and I was just trying to walk past them and one cuts me off at the front and was like' date=' "aye, we'll have your wallet" I just completely froze and bolted back toward union street, they almost dragged me back cause I had to get past two of them... I then ran past E&M's looking rather scared and I think they stopped chasing me... I have no idea cause I just ran into my building and got the security door closed asap. I guess I was really lucky I got away.

I'm moving down next to the uni and the quickest way back at night is up George street.... so I think I'll be getting a taxi.[/quote']

Hmm is that near mine at all? I walk up george on the way home at nights and it is scary. Ive never had a problem yet though. Probably cos i look like a scary bastard...... I was once walking along union street with my pal and 3 guys punched me in the face for no reason. That wasnt nice

Ollie

Hmm is that near mine at all? I walk up george on the way home at nights and it is scary. Ive never had a problem yet though. Probably cos i look like a scary bastard...... I was once walking along union street with my pal and 3 guys punched me in the face for no reason. That wasnt nice

Ollie

wasn't outside burger king was it?

34 in August godammit. What are you going to do when the County (alledgedly) closes?

ah you've got 9 years on me so I probably don't know you either.

If the county closes I don't think I'll do much, only go out in stoney around christmas time these days as I live in Aberdeen. Be a shame if it does close, it's a good pub and a good place to eat.

that happened to my mate today outside the railway station' date=' got taken for 40. bastard.[/quote']

Hey... That's not the wallet inspector? :p

I've never had any trouble walking home on George street. Except from an old man staggering out of the 524 trying to shag me, :nono: but I was sober and managed to fend off his advances.

that happened to my mate today outside the railway station' date=' got taken for 40. bastard.[/quote']

Are you serious? I mean really serious?

Because you really do have to be utterly thick as shit to fall for something like that? How about instead of giving him 40 for drugs, say this;

"Fuck off you disgusting piece of shit scumbag junkie."

And you keep 40quid, and Junkie can't score....

hmm' date=' quite possibly, why was it you?[/quote']

nah, me and my mates were in burger king at the time soneone got randomly punched on union street. we'd seen two guys walking down the road pushing folk etc. then they smacked some guy outside burger king then came back for afters when he was doubled over.

couple of my mates ran out n saved the day - the guy never even said thanks.. wanker.

nah' date=' me and my mates were in burger king at the time soneone got randomly punched on union street. we'd seen two guys walking down the road pushing folk etc. then they smacked some guy outside burger king then came back for afters when he was doubled over.

couple of my mates ran out n saved the day - the guy never even said thanks.. wanker.[/quote']

ah well, nope that wasnt me . I would have said thanks !

Someone earlier mentioned the 524 Lunge (yes Lunge, read the sign). Well, I've seen the biggest collection of scum stagger out of that 'pub' on many occasion. I've never actualy been inside that place nor do I want to!

Anyway, I was walking down George Street a few months back when this guy came running up to me and said:

"Aye, emm, yi hinna got twinty quid hiv yi?"

He then started to tell me that he had just been hit over the head with a "big knife" and that he could not stop bleeding and needed "seein ti" by a doctor. What he didn't realise was that he already tried this on me about a week earlier. So I told him I had no money and gave him directions to 'Sweet News'

Someone earlier mentioned the 524 Lunge (yes Lunge' date=' read the sign). Well, I've seen the biggest collection of scum stagger out of that 'pub' on many occasion. I've never actualy been inside that place nor do I want to!

'[/quote']

I've bumped into some real dodgers coming out of there. Apart from the 70 year old guy I mentiond earlier who invited me back to his place, It's usually the "got 20p min?", or "fit you lookin' at?" kinda crowd.

I've never been inside 524 - I don't trust anywhere without winows and I've heard they very rarely use actual glass glasses, although that my be bullshit.

Does anyone have any nominations for the roughest pub in Aberdeen?

I've bumped into some real dodgers coming out of there. Apart from the 70 year old guy I mentiond earlier who invited me back to his place' date=' It's usually the "got 20p min?", or "fit you lookin' at?" kinda crowd.

I've never been inside 524 - I don't trust anywhere without winows and I've heard they very rarely use actual glass glasses, although that my be bullshit.

Does anyone have any nominations for the roughest pub in Aberdeen?[/quote']

i've had several pints in the 524, no one looked my way and no one was killed.most bother i have recieved in a pub is fucking triple kirks probably! go figure.