aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Robyn

De Rosa

Em they played last Saturday at Tunnels!

They were very good though. as ANCIENT MARINER said American indie rock, but good American indie rock. Strong singer I thought.

Yeah, they had some good tunes and an explosive sound (especially for a 3-piece). Although they are from Glasgow, the singer looked like he could be in a brother of Cedric and Omar from At-The Drive In, which was apt considering they were the band they most sounded like

camera was the last song they played. it was ace.

i thought they used to be 4 as well, but sharon assured me there was only 3 when they played drakes.

de rosa rule.

hate to disagree with sharon but dave you're right..there WERE four at drakes cuz the missing member is my cousin Ross McGowan...so :p

yeah, but...did your cousin play bass? that was a new bass player they had on sat (who is in fact the drummers brother!) which means i could still be right!

i'll find out!

here's a couple of snippets from 2 different reviews to back me up...!

'The venue in Manchester's seedy Northern quarter is not where you may expect to find the three be-spectacled, ordinary looking guys who form Lanarkshire's 'De Rosa'...

'On stage is Scotlands answer to blistering american indie, De Rosa. All three guys have short hair and glasses and seem like some sort of triplet ensemble...'

:p hehe!

oh, and i bloody love De Rosa!! their demo i have had for over a year still gets played regularly in my house, never get sick of it! cant wait for the album to be mastered...

www.wearederosa.com

Hey Countess Shazula , the answer to the de rosa 3/4 piece question can be found here...

http://www.americawestandasone.com/video.html

Our debut album will be out August/September '05 after we get it mastered here...

http://www.abbeyroad.co.uk

And our little 7' single Camera/All Saints Day can be found at our on-line shop located here...

www.wearederosa.com

Thanx, you are a friendly bunch. :D

Excellent and are playing The Moorings on Sat 4th June!!!!

No they are playing The Moorings on Sat 4th of March you clutz LOL! Promoting works better if you get the date right LOL.

On the same bill are Deadloss Superstar and Tennesse Kait both among my favourites.