aberdeen-music

Want to be heard on aberdeen-music.com radio?

Neil

Some of you might have noticed that I was testing a new Shoutcast relay server last night and this means aberdeen-music.com radio will soon be making a come back. :rockon:

The comeback will be on a trial basis to begin with and as long as the extra aberdeen-music.com funds hold out. But before it can be re-launched I need two things from you, the web site's community. The first thing I need is what this particular announcement is all about and that is MP3s from local bands and artists that will be played on the radio station automatically when no live broadcasts are taking place - which will probably be most of the time when the radio station is first launched.

To do this I need you to provide me with links to where I can download MP3s of the tracks you would like played on aberdeen-music.com radio. The easiest way to do this is first check that you meet the requirements below and then post a reply to this thread with the link of where I can download the MP3 file. Alternatively, you can e-mail or PM me the link if you wish but please, under no circumstances, send me MP3s via e-mail!

In order for the MP3s to be suitable to be played on aberdeen-music.com radio your submission MUST meet the requirements below:

- You, the band or musician making the submission, must own the copyright for the song you are submitting and by making the submission hereby grant aberdeen-music.com permission to broadcast the song over the Internet to the general public for free.

- The MP3 must be of a good recording quality (live recordings will not normally be accepted unless they are of exceptional quality) and be encoded to at least 96kbps, in stereo and at 44KHz or higher.

- You must clearly state the Artist(s) and Title of the MP3 you are submitting. If you could put this in the ID3 tag of the MP3 itself then that would be even better.

- At this time, only ONE MP3 per band/musician can be submitted - so make sure you pick your best track! However, once submitted, you can ask me to swap the song for another at a later date if you wish.

I know many of you have MP3s online now so I'm expecting lots of submissions and from this should be able to form quite a decent playlist of local bands for the world to hear. So let's see those submissions! :)

Yes, I will be asking for people to step forward to volunteer to broadcast their own shows/gigs live on the radio station soon. This will be covered in a further official announcement so keep your eyes peeled.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not great with MP3 thingys (I play them' date=' but record to mini-disc). However if it's not too much hassle there are some of mine here....

[url']http://www.musicmobs.com/userartist.php?artist=The+Kitchen+Cynics&userId=13896#songs

It looks like I can't grab the recording from that link I'm afraid. If I click on one of your track titles on the above page then it launches iTunes and the iTunes music store where it then searches for your tracks within the store but doesn't return any search results. ?(

I can't get onto the radio when I click on the link it asks to download it and when i try to type in url on windows media player it says it cannot be found

That is because the radio station is switched off. It won't be "on air" for awhile yet until there is quite a few tracks in the playlist so people actually have something to listen to. I'm going to try and get someone to do a live DJ broadcast on the launch night as well whenever that may be - hopefully sooner rather than later!

That is because the radio station is switched off. It won't be "on air" for awhile yet until there is quite a few tracks in the playlist so people actually have something to listen to. I'm going to try and get someone to do a live DJ broadcast on the launch night as well whenever that may be - hopefully sooner rather than later!

It did say it was online before as it was playing Philip's song so clicked on the link and hey presto it didn't work.