aberdeen-music

Tori Amos last night??

garbage_star

Sooo..... gutted i missed this gig, but i couldn't afford to go to Tori Amos and Mogwai. Even more gutted since Mogwai was cancelled in the end. And so the Mogwai curse for me continues.....that makes it three gigs i've missed that i had tickets for. I'm just waiting for the rescheduled date to be announced, and clash with me seeing Sigur Ros in Berlin

Here's the set list...

Original Sinsuality

Father Lucifer

Cars and Guitars

Northern Lad

Jamaica Inn

Cooling

Bells For Her

Nothing Ever Happens (Del Amitri cover)

Turn (Travis cover)

Ruby Through The Looking-Glass

Marianne

Mother Revolution

Yes, Anastasia

The Beekeeper

Silent All These Years

Merman

Twinkle

Toast

Hey Jupiter

Anyone know if anyone recorded the covers she did? Me wants them....was a v.v.v.good show.

Here's the set list...

Anyone know if anyone recorded the covers she did? Me wants them....was a v.v.v.good show.

thanks..how does she make the most crappy songs so bloody good!

If you like the darker Tori Amos stuff then you`ll LOVE

The DRESDEN DOLLS

I am obsessed with the dresden dolls at the mo...can't believe they are playing in aberdeen

• 3 weeks later...

i can't believe i missed this post .............

i went to the gig

this has been my month of being little miss shmoozie or something

first off we waited to meet tori so i could give her the artwork i'd made her (extras from my degree show)........i twittered like a fool and she is the cutest lady ever and so petit and so pretty.......my boy also gave her his cd

then we were upgraded to the front row because of a competition we entered 0_0 which was jaw dropping and we got to run up to the front of the stage at the end............it was amazing just because i was so far away the last time i saw her

weirdly though she ended up not playing many of my favourites that night except ....Father Lucifer........i thought ...Yes, Anastasia...was amazing too and Merman............and typicly she did something quite different with....The Beekeeper i *think* which made me like it more than i previosly had...and Hey Jupiter was pretty cool

you know ........there's a site where you can download most of the live covers? will have to ask my boy where it is.......

i do however have a video of some of the Glastobury stuff .........including what i thought was the most adorable and fun cover of Simon and Garfunkle's - Feelin' Groovy.................overall i much preferred the Glastonbury set..............she played Leather ^_^ ....for a start

the shmoozyness comes again when we met the Dresden Dolls again at Glastonbury........only this time i wasn't such a drooling fan.........this time it was more to go say hi and stuff......Amanda poked my cheek ....which i liked......i also told her that her Tori Amos post on the Dresden Journal was hilarious.........

...........go read it if you haven't ^_^

we bumped into Thomas Truax too...........(love his shows) ........and he was looking for Amanda as they are friends (which i didn't know but is unsuprising)........

anyway.........apologies for my mis-guided hungover groupie twitterings...........heh

now i'm gonna pimp my boyfriend

www.theboylackspatience.com

he's been called the male Tori Amos and Beethoven meet Ben Folds.........and is a bit Dresden and a bit Rufus.....but also very himself...........so i guess you peoples might like his stuff.............

he's also playing a free gig with Finniston and the Gallow Crows (i *think* that's their name) on Friday 15th (next Friday) will post abot it soon..........starts at 9am..........i love his music......and i'm not really biased because it's what drew me to him

website is in need of a serious update and downloadable versions of his better songs............album is being recorded just now too

**drunken-girl signing out**