aberdeen-music

Interchangeable musicians

jester1470

Field of Crows is very surprisingly good' date=' especially Exit Wound! We even had Cloud liking that when we played it in the Moorings[/quote']

Yes it just arrived from back order and is going in the jukebox for a spell

A guy said to me yesterday "Just one question - why no Metallica in the jukebox?".

So I had to answer that with another question, "Tell me - where have you been drinking for the past 22 years? We only took them out last week!".

Guest Page 99
The Berzerker use triggered drums and theyr drummer is crazy.

I dont know too much bout triggered drums so i could be wrong.

Yeah but a lot the drumming speed could possibly be synthesized because of the triggers. The have functions which convert one single drum stroke into say 6 or seven (correct me if I am wrong here) Hence why I actually doubt whether he can play that fast. He needs to just play on a little beat up untriggered kit and then record it.

I thought this thread was going to be more about the likes of The Bees and their interchangeable line up (only the guitarist stayed on his own instrument). I've never seen a band do that without making an arse of it but they kept a good show going.

A real musician should be able to move genres easily, think of all the session players who are involved in wildly different songs over the years. It's nothing new or amazing

just as bad as triggers on kick pedals

In what ways are triggers cheating?

Yeah but a lot the drumming speed could possibly be synthesized because of the triggers. The have functions which convert one single drum stroke into say 6 or seven (correct me if I am wrong here) Hence why I actually doubt whether he can play that fast. He needs to just play on a little beat up untriggered kit and then record it.

Theoretically that could be done but I have never heard of anyone ever doing this in a proper death/extreme metal band. This would be considered cheating, REALLY cheating. The reason most people use triggers at those speeds of say 200bpm+ is due to the physics surrounding a bass drum. Even considering the fact that at high speeds two bass drums will usully be used, say 7-9 strokes a second may be played (in a musical setting) per drum. Considering the sound in a bass is produced through air shifting within the drum, at these speeds the notes become a mush as there isn't really any time given for the air to replace itself. What triggers do is send an electronic signal to the drum brain every time a strike is made which then outputs a sample, by putting the trigger sensor on the batter head or pedal of the bass drum. This means a clear sound can be produced for every strike of a drum hence making the sound far nicer and cleaner, as opposed to the mush heard if the triggers were not used.

That wasn't a very good description but I hope you understand. In short; Yes you can assign a trigger to play 2 sounds for every strike but nobody does this, at least not in the respectable arena.

I am almost 99% possitive that the drummer who recorded the drums on the berzerker can play it on a normal kit. The reason the drums are triggerd is so the sounds can be changed, they have some weird sounding drum stuff going on, if you have heard the brezerker then you will know what im talking about. But i could be wrong.