aberdeen-music

Feedback on uploaded songs

Guest AmbientMood

Doctor in the Helicopter - Not a bad song, but definately not my kind of thing. The singing isn't great and kinda reminds me of the Ash singer, but I don't like his voice :D The guitar work and fuzzy tone does remind of the smashing pumpkins, which is pretty cool. Locally it gets better as your sound is a bit more listenable than the usual shit.

But yeh, not my thing :)

Doctor in the Helicopter - Not a bad song' date=' but definately not my kind of thing. The singing isn't great and kinda reminds me of the Ash singer, but I don't like his voice :D The guitar work and fuzzy tone does remind of the smashing pumpkins, which is pretty cool. Locally it gets better as your sound is a bit more listenable than the usual shit.

But yeh, not my thing :)[/quote']

No surprises to the Pumpkins comparisons or slagging Chris' voice... Cheers for listening and giving feedback.

I gave them a listen. I only like "I Lost My Hat", but I really like it, because it is the only one which has a bit of dynamism about it, while also suiting the cool Velvet Underground style-vibe and apathetic vocal style better than the rest.

I thought "You and no-one else" was interesting and complex, but then it just peetered out. The other two are too much like the Pumpkins at their worst: squealing gutar licks and too much attitude. I wouldn't give up, though

I gave them a listen. I only like "I Lost My Hat"' date=' but I really like it, because it is the only one which has a bit of dynamism about it, while also suiting the cool Velvet Underground style-vibe and apathetic vocal style better than the rest.

I thought "You and no-one else" was interesting and complex, but then it just peetered out. The other two are too much like the Pumpkins at their worst: squealing gutar licks and too much attitude. I wouldn't give up, though[/quote']

I agree and the start of I Lost Mt Hat reminds me of a certain other song misters Mariner and Narc.