aberdeen-music

Sonic Youth - Murray Street

I really like it as well. post 9/11 effect is evident. Its pretty mellow in parts. plastic sun is one of my alltime fave tracks.

I havnt listened to it in a while. I had it on constantly about two years ago but I would say its mayb my least fave sonic youth album. I rate 1000 leaves and experimental jetset....as two of the best

but theya re all ace in my opinion

Yeh I love this album- got me into Sonic Youth.

Can't really rate in comparison to their other albums it as I only have 2 other SY albums('Confusion Is Sex' and 'Screaming Fields Of Sonic Love') both of which are more darker and more punky than Murray Street.

Murray Street is certainly one of my favourite albums to chill out to. 'The Empty Page' or 'Plastic Sun' Is my favourite.

I really like it as well. post 9/11 effect is evident. Its pretty mellow in parts. plastic sun is one of my alltime fave tracks.

I havnt listened to it in a while. I had it on constantly about two years ago but I would say its mayb my least fave sonic youth album. I rate 1000 leaves and experimental jetset....as two of the best

but theya re all ace in my opinion

1000 leaves is one of the few i dont have, experimental jetset.. has never bee none of my favourites, my top 3 just now would probaly be Daydream nation, murray street and evol. But as oyu say, they're all ace.

1: Goo

2: Daydream Nation

3: Sister/Nurse ( i havent decided yet)

Confusion is Sex is crazy...has some good songs on it' date=' but its very hard to listen to as an album...but the stooges cover is great and sounds like its recorded on a telephone...[/quote']

it's great how "freezer burn" sort of drifts along then "i wanna be your dog" kicks in.

Guest Gasss

1) Daydream Nation

2) Washing Machine

3) Bad Moon Rising

oh boy.

I love the live version of "I love her all the time" on 1991: the year punk broke. It's one of the greatest things I've ever seen. I hope the DVD reissue comes out soon.

I agree with french disko re Daydream Nation etc' date=' but I thought Murray Street was a real return to form. I kept playing 'Disconnection notice' for ages!!![/quote']

'Disconnection Notice' has some beautiful guitar lines and I love 'Karen Revisited'! Yas min!

oh boy.

I love the live version of "I love her all the time" on 1991: the year punk broke. It's one of the greatest things I've ever seen. I hope the DVD reissue comes out soon.

Thats a great film... pretty all the footage is great, Dinosaur Jr being a particular favourite. I wish there was a DVD re-release, not enough people have seen it.

Confusion Is Sex and Experimental Jet Set are rubbish. Daydream Nation and Dirty are my faves, was dissappointed by Washing Machine considering the praise it's been given. Would like to hear Sister, especially the track on which Chuck D guests.

I also read in the paper that Steve Shelley was 43 a few days ago. How time marches on...