aberdeen-music

Attack of the singing clones from mars!

How come everyone sounds the fucking same on the radio these days?! The last 5 songs I have heard on the radio have all had the same female singing for them, even the guys sound identical!!!

D_AutoTune.jpg

There is so much fucking auto tune on the radios these days that none of the singers even sound natural, its fake. Now you may remember these guys...

482461.jpg

Milli Vanilli, these guys got sued by the RIAA and had all their awards taken back because it wasn't actually them singing on the records, they were fakes...

So what is the difference between them and Kelly Osbourne, Rachel Stevens, Ciara, Mario, Akon, Amerie...all the fucking pish that is selling in millions...its not their voice on the records, its fake, but whats worse, it sounds awful!!

The singer from Slipknot made a valid point about Kelly Osbourne. He said something along the lines of " I dont care if shes Ozzy's daughter, she cant sing for shit, you can hear that her vocals have been filtered through god knows how many effects"

Talent seems to be something that is almost secondary in the popular section of the music industry at the moment.

I do like the vocals on the new Coldplay single though (serious)

• 2 weeks later...

Xeroxed vocalists are not only prevalent in mainstream pop culture. I was at the download festival and I saw countless metal bands during the day whose vocalists all sounded the same. So, so tedious. Pishy fake agression.

Take Raised on Sweetcorn for example, they have two vocalists yet both sound identical. Whats the point in having the 2 if they don't at least complement each other in some way.