aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Rob

The Ordinary Boys @ Beach Ballroom

Good god, what the fuck are they doing playing there. The sound in there sucks. Moshulu or the Music Hall woulda ben better. Good band, shite venue.

:down:

i thought the ballroom was alright when the Beta Band played there.

Just my opinion, ceilings too high, lot of sound gets lost in there.

Good god' date=' what the fuck are they doing playing there. The sound in there sucks. Moshulu or the Music Hall woulda ben better. Good band, shite venue.

:down:[/quote']

Only seen the beta band there, sounded OK. I don't think the venue has great acoustics, but with the right PA and a good engineer this can be overcome.

Should be a good gig, the were magic at T in the park last year.

Good god' date=' what the fuck are they doing playing there. The sound in there sucks. Moshulu or the Music Hall woulda ben better. Good band, shite venue.

:down:[/quote']

A big band comes to aberdeen n all ppl can do is moan about the venue, i think its pretty cool that there coming to aberdeen n will def b there.

There's plenty of good bands come to aberdeen, just so happens this one chose a venue i think is shit. As i said, i think Music Hall, Moshulu or even the Lemon Tree (though i expect that that would be too small for this gig) woulda been a better choice.

never been to the beach ballroom, for a gig or otherwise, but i can totally imagine it being the kind of venue the ordinary boys would go for. Beside the seaside. Very Brighton-ish i guess.

still, this is good news.

looking forward to it.

This will be shit hot. Saw them the other week at Oxegen and they were absolute fucking dynamite, the new material sounds awesome live and they give it 110% on stage. The night after Hard-Fi as well, come on!!

Mike

There's plenty of good bands come to aberdeen' date=' just so happens this one chose a venue i think is shit. As i said, i think Music Hall, Moshulu or even the Lemon Tree (though i expect that that would be too small for this gig) woulda been a better choice.[/quote']

Don't go!

are the still tickets left?

yep. you can get online from ticketmaster or aloud.com. or you can get at the box office