aberdeen-music

Marissa Nadler + Kathryn Sawers + Claire Hamilton - Sat 11th June 05

Up from Glasgow to see an artist in Aberdeen

This is fantastic, just bumbed into chap wearing a recognisable tee shirt, (AMT) who has travelled from Glasgow to Aberdeen to see the fantastic Mariisa Nadler tonight. He saw her @ the Venn Festival in Bristol a week ago & has told me that she is an amazing live performer with an ethereal voice, kinda gothic Kate Bush with a feel of Edgar Allan Poe in a free folk style.

Yes true.

So the the coin has reversed, people are starting to come to Aberdeen for gigs, lovely!!!!!!!!

Pass the word this is a special one

This is fantastic' date=' just bumbed into chap wearing a recognisable tee shirt, (AMT) who has travelled from Glasgow to Aberdeen to see the fantastic Mariisa Nadler tonight. He saw her @ the Venn Festival in Bristol a week ago & has told me that she is an amazing live performer with an ethereal voice, kinda gothic Kate Bush with a feel of Edgar Allan Poe in a free folk style.

[/quote']

Is the guy from Glasgow an older guy called Alister?

it was a good gig. Claire Hamilton had a superb voice but I think her guitar playing let her down. Kathryn Sawyers was amazing. First time I've seen her and I was stunned. Superb. Marissa Nadler was good but all the reverb on the vocals annoyed me. I hate reverb.

Good night though, although as soon as I walked out of the tunnels I got shat on by a fat, satisfied looking pigeon. Got me right on my glasses. Bastard.

A fantastic gig overall. Marissa Nadler is utterly fantastic, and her album hasn't left my CD player since Friday. I did feel the synth was underutilised thoughusing it as a pseudo-organ does it no justice. Kathryn Sawers impressed me, but I felt many of her songs ended too abruptly. Claire's performance was much more relaxed than usual, and I really think she's becoming more comfortable in a live setting.

All in all, a fantastic night. Thanks to Interesting Music, the Tunnels and the artists.