aberdeen-music

Technical Metal Drummer Needed!

mr_bangles

We're looking for an amazing metal drummer to complete our line up, musical influences include: Pantera, Lamb Of God, Chimaira, Opeth, Machine Head, Slayer you get the picture. The music is pretty technical and fast so you have to be at least moderately good, and skill on the double kick drum is essential!

Pm or reply to arrange a jam and some beerage :rockon:

Cheers!

BPM's

hey, well to be honest we're not entirely too sure at exactly what pace we were looking for, simply due to the fact that we don't have a drummer and it would have to be a speed at which the drummer could play. but that said the kind of speed would range between say 170-200bpm just depending on the riff although it might be worth mentioning that we change speeds at time sigs quite alot

i know we're asking for alot but im sure someone will answer the call!

thanks

We're looking for an amazing metal drummer to complete our line up' date=' musical influences include: Pantera, Lamb Of God, Chimaira, Opeth, Machine Head, Slayer you get the picture. The music is pretty technical and fast so you have to be at least moderately good, and skill on the double kick drum is essential!

Pm or reply to arrange a jam and some beerage :rockon:

Cheers![/quote']

Jesus, for some reason i wouldn't have said you could put "Moderately Good" in the same sentence as Lamb of god, pantera, or slayer.

What you ask is of very high skill level, there are only 5 drummers in aberdeen i could name who can play that well, unfortunately for you they are all in bands!

You should specify how fast. When it gets to the higher bpm range even ideals of say an extra 10bpm can make all the difference.

I disagree with all this BPM shite, when dealing in speedy metal drumming, you really are dealing in 16ths, and 32's with your feet (If your name is frost, nick barker or Tjodalv, maybe Gene hoglan too).

Possibly even 64th's with your hands, and yes that kind of speed is possible., scary but true :rockon:

Jesus' date=' for some reason i wouldn't have said you could put "Moderately Good" in the same sentence as Lamb of god, pantera, or slayer.

What you ask is of very high skill level, there are only 5 drummers in aberdeen i could name who can play that well, unfortunately for you they are all in bands![/quote']I agree. Though I could only name about 3 drummers off the top of my head. But I cant think just now.

I disagree with all this BPM shite' date=' when dealing in speedy metal drumming, you really are dealing in 16ths, and 32's with your feet (If your name is frost, nick barker or Tjodalv, maybe Gene hoglan too).

Possibly even 64th's with your hands, and yes that kind of speed is possible., scary but true :rockon:[/quote']

I think youll find you point is invalid withought BPM, how can you tell how fast the 64th note is withought knowing the BPM? you cant. a 64th note at 50bpm is the same as a 32nd note at 100bpm. So bpm is the most important thing if you talking bout note durations.

:cheers:

I disagree with all this BPM shite' date=' when dealing in speedy metal drumming, you really are dealing in 16ths, and 32's with your feet (If your name is frost, nick barker or Tjodalv, maybe Gene hoglan too).

Possibly even 64th's with your hands, and yes that kind of speed is possible., scary but true :rockon:[/quote']

What do you mean you disagree with Bpm? That doesn't really make much sense. As stated above the Bpm is exactly how fast the 16ths(as double kick is generally counted in) is.

I was therefore saying, at high speeds playing at 240 Bpm may be possible for some people but the jump to 250 bpm isn't possible for them to execute, meaning he should be clear on exactly how fast he wants someone to play.