aberdeen-music

Most imaginative/amusing discipline

Birdman

What was your pain as a child when your dad found you nicking apples from the next door neighbours tree.

Or were you looking up Tabitha Stevens from P3's skirt and got a right proper skelp on the face?

When I was a kid and I misbehaved (setting bales on fire, forests and houses), my dad used to make me lean over the the settee and belt my backside with his slipper.....and I dont mean he was light or anything. Couldn't sit for ages. Now thats the right way to bring up a kid! (and i'm not being too sarcastic either).

One time he hit me so hard that the slipper shattered, but thats a different story.

Anyway, did anyone else get some imagination injected into the discipline procedure.

Did you get grass raked into submission? Perhaps you were thrown from a tree and told to belly flop into the garden pond as a form of being taken down a peg.

Tell tell

(Not Birdman)

Spanking is a fetish...maybe your dad just got off on it?

My discipline was a good talking, and it always worked for me, and (to an extent) works for my kids...the people who I know who were brought up getting their limbs broken and heads shoved down toilets as discipline are the same people who are mugging old ladies, stealing your car, pimping your sister and living the life of riley while you're living a life of shit....

I was never skelped by my folks, my dad is 6ft 6" so that was enough for me to behave myself.

I do remember that I hated fish (still do) so I couldnt leave the table until I eat it all. My trick was to fill my mouth with it then pretend to go to the toilet and spit it out. Only problem would be if I my folks spoke to me while I was on the way to the loo

I do remember that I hated fish (still do) so I couldnt leave the table until I eat it all. My trick was to fill my mouth with it then pretend to go to the toilet and spit it out. Only problem would be if I my folks spoke to me while I was on the way to the loo

Hahah, awesome.

I used to hate fish fingers. So i'd hide them in a little gap in the cupboards in the kitchen when my mum wasn't looking.

i would get a clip around the ear, which worked until i got to my teenage years.

when i was little my mum and dad were reluctant to hit me, but they had no other way. they tried to take something away, and i would be like "ok, take it" and not be botherd. i think i almost drove them mad... oh the memories! :)

I once had to sit on a seat ALL day. No TV...yadda yadda. No lying down or going to sleep. Sandwich for tea. It was SO boring! 8hours of nothing!

Like Hog my dad tended to exert an aura that said don't mess. Hence, I didn't really misbehave to a great extent. I guess if parents can instill some respect/authority then they don't ever have to resort to tactics other than a good shouting <my dad could really shout well!>