aberdeen-music

Stayover an emo band???

The Milner

"ego thread"

I dont quite get this one' date=' im not asking for praise or saying anything really about the band.

i just asked if people thought we were "emo" or not.[/quote']

responce:

yes, I think you are a bit emo.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Friday night offered irrefutable evidence that Stayover are emphatically not emo. Milner was getting some female attention. That knocks that one on the head.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Jake - you are STILL emo-bashing! It's not summer 2004 anymore.

Been bashing it a damn site longer, since about August 1990, to be precise.

an attitude

a fashion

so stayover have an emo attitude? Describe how our attitude leads to us being an emo band, im gonna love hearing that.

A fashion? Again explain how bout blue jeans and leather jacket make him "emo", or how my over used skater look makes me "emo" oh no wait it was dans old finge wasnt it, thats what makes us "emo" haha awesome.

For those that care and im sure there are very few of you, we dont mind weather we are called an "emo" band or a pop band or whatever my whole point in this was that i thought it was a poor description of us and wanted to see what other people thought.

I wouldn't call Stayover an emo band. Sure they have a few emo-edged songs but the band doesnt portray all the factors required to be in an "emo" band. I'd categorize them as a band creating pop/punk music and whether you or love it or hate it, you have to respect they are another band doing what they love. Creating upbeat songs for their fans to love, sing and dance along too!

but hey......thats just my opinion