aberdeen-music

Exile Studios

Fast Caz

Guest Tam o' Shantie
*waves hands in hair in a mystical motion*

Look beyond the city walls' date=' morons.[/quote']

oh man that's such a great idea sharon - thanks for your fucking infinate wisdom of all things band related. here's an idea for the ones of us who haven't had salary jobs for the last decade and financial support from labels: make do with what you have got.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man that's such a great idea sharon - thanks for your fucking infinate wisdom of all things band related. here's an idea for the ones of us who haven't had salary jobs for the last decade and financial support from labels: make do with what you have got.

fucking right. Its easy to go and spend hundreds or even thousands when you make more than 100 a week unlike some of us.

Guest Zeenat Aman
fucking right. Its easy to go and spend hundreds or even thousands when you make more than 100 a week unlike some of us.

Aberdeen has a harbour, you have an ass, use what you got! You could nip out while your recording at Exile for some money making!

:D o_O

Ignore what the scenie automatons have said in this thread - if you want a raw' date=' 'live-in-the-studio' kinda recording, Exile is the place to do it.[/quote']

Damn right. Mark is pretty much the easiest person I've recorded with thus far. All the stuff he did for We Become Less, Radio Lucifer and Deadloss (apart from "Wall Of Skin"; I still think that sounds rubbish. Sorry Bri.) has been fucking great. I can see why people don't like how he does things or his attitude sometimes (that fucking aeroplane noise on the DLS E.P for example.) but he loves the rock. And that's good enough for me.

Still, going down to Gasgow to record wll be awesome I'm sure! :D

We get zero financial support from labels.

Erm... up until recently I only earned roughly 100 a week... what's you point? Maybe you should ask for more shifts/hours or even go for a job that pays more per hour?

lets us hear this wonderful demo then that is so much better.

We only have the live roughs... recorded with a 2 track (see I remembered)... but we've handed a few of them out... send us a PM with your address and I'd be more than happy to zip one to you through the post. :)

Same for Stuart.

I know a lot of people who have a lot of time for Mark (myself included) I know a lot of people who can't stand him...but I can say the same for a lot of people!

The Inept 303 recording we did at Exile was great and we, as a band, were never able to beat the performance we gave on it...I'm really keen to get my new band into Exile cos I know we'll get a decent recording, and I value Mark's input to our stuff...I also learned a lot of stuff (especially cubase/nuendo) off Mark...given the rest of the options, on a budget in Aberdeen, Exile is the best choice hands down...sure, look out of town when you have a budget (in which case I'd say fly abroad and work with an LA producer at studio 880! :p)

Out of interest, does anyone think theres a market for another semi-pro studio in Aberdeen?

We only have the live roughs... recorded with a 2 track (see I remembered)... but we've handed a few of them out... send us a PM with your address and I'd be more than happy to zip one to you through the post. :)

Same for Stuart.

theyll soooo fucking hate it - which is a good thing

on the Exile issue, someones been winding Mark up to the point where we've had to have chats

in a way thats been good thing cos issues that have horribly bubbled away between Mark and us since a fucking huge misunderstaning last year are now totally sorted out. All is cool and back on speaking terms (Ive known Mark for years and had some good laughs but for the last 12 months we never spoke). anyhow sorted.

hopefully thats an honest/frank explanation for the more over the top than usual comments earlier

tragically funny how things work out that and quite scary how seriously some people take stuff (small town = small minds)

as for the quality of output from exile, its horses for courses - for live stuff with guitars etc its spot on, and totally suits the majority of bands looking for a good sound at very reasonable rates

please note: the dispute between Mark and us was totally between him and us so any nosey cunt who wants details should eat shit - thankyou :love:

peace out

spunk

I know a lot of people who have a lot of time for Mark (myself included) I know a lot of people who can't stand him...but I can say the same for a lot of people!

Out of interest' date=' does anyone think theres a market for another semi-pro studio in Aberdeen?[/quote']

For dance / electronic / midi based stuff maybe yup

theyll soooo fucking hate it - which is a good thing

on the Exile issue' date=' someones been winding Mark up to the point where we've had to have chats

in a way thats been good thing cos issues that have horribly bubbled away between Mark and us since a fucking huge misunderstaning last year are now totally sorted out. All is cool and back on speaking terms (Ive known Mark for years and had some good laughs but for the last 12 months we never spoke). anyhow sorted.

hopefully thats an honest/frank explanation for the more over the top than usual comments earlier

tragically funny how things work out that and quite scary how seriously some people take stuff (small town = small minds)

as for the quality of output from exile, its horses for courses - for live stuff with guitars etc its spot on, and totally suits the majority of bands looking for a good sound at very reasonable rates

please note: the dispute between Mark and us was totally between him and us so any nosey cunt who wants details should eat shit - thankyou :love:

peace out

spunk[/quote']

Why do you think I'll hate it, if you look back on every post I've ever made, in all the arguements we've had, I've never once slagged off your music- whereas you've taken plenty of digs at the bands I work with - and in general I try not to slag off music as being bad just because it isnt something I'd choose to listen to. I can appreciate good music just for being that even if I wouldnt listen to it normally. I'm glad to see hatred from me is the seal of approval, i might end up liking it just to annoy you :p

Cheers

Stuart

Why do you think I'll hate it' date=' if you look back on every post I've ever made, in all the arguements we've had, I've never once slagged off your music- whereas you've taken plenty of digs at the bands I work with - and in general I try not to slag off music as being bad just because it isnt something I'd choose to listen to. I can appreciate good music just for being that even if I wouldnt listen to it normally. I'm glad to see hatred from me is the seal of approval, i might end up liking it just to annoy you :p

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

I think he meant that it might not be your thing... however I wouldn't say that I'm sure you'll hate it. You might appreciate it. :)

Ah right, so it's OK to rubbish his recordings publically on the internet, but now you've kissed and made up, it's no one's business. Ho-hum....

Someone? Try looking in the mirror! Or at the person playing keyboards next time you practice....

We don't have a keyboard.... it's a synth. :angel:

And yes.. someone = us.

and by chats = Mark phoning us last night.

Which has a keyboard as part of it.

True... BUT it's not classed as a Keyboard... Most of the area of it isn't the keyboard... it's wee knobs, lights and wheels (much fun). :)