aberdeen-music

Exile Studios

Fast Caz

This is music related ........ well apparently

anyhoo

The Exile Studios website is not working so could someone help me and tell me what they have in the room(s) and what a drummer would need to take with them i.e snare,stool,yak yak yak

if someone could help that would be handy

Cheers

Cannibal Carruthers

all in the name of gore baby

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jus a word of warning Cal... he'll probably take the booking but Mark actually turning up for you is a totally different matter... he's let us dwn on many an occasion!

Hope all is well dude!

Thats the reason why I wont record at Exile. Its pretty shitty not turning up :down:

well we have worked with mark for several months now and i can safely say that he is by far one of the best we have worked with so far in Aberdeen.

He hasnt let us down really since we have recorded/practised with him since november. I feel that mark gets a very bad reputation but believe me work with him and he is very good. So much so we decided not to go to the mill to record and instead have done our cd with him.

As for practising i would take a snare and cymbols with you and since brian fudge is the person who lets in the bands i would find it hard that mark wouldnt turn up you bunch of fucking chuffties.

Jus a word of warning Cal... he'll probably take the booking but Mark actually turning up for you is a totally different matter... he's let us dwn on many an occasion!

Hope all is well dude!

ahh, he's let deadloss down plenty times too - it's just part of his 'loose-cannon' charisma :)

but as i'm currently letting in the bands at exile, i can categorically say you won't have any problems getting into the building. unless the keys get locked inside, but that's only happened once so far.

i'll be there bang on time. which is more than can be said for the frigging bands, who normally turn up 20 minutes late and then say they "forgot to go to the bank" when they're finally done destroying music in the name of rock'n'roll. :down:

and i just got told that one guy said we can have the 5-7 slot last week and now Paul Fae Everwicked(Dick!) got a phone call saying that we now have 5-6:30 because anothe band "always" have that slot.

i feel like im not going to like this place

i feel i'm not going to like you :gringo:

joking, of course.

yes, mark said you could have 5-7 without checking the diary, and yes, i phoned paul last night to tell him a band was already booked in 6.30-8.30 (they always have this slot, they book it up weeks in advance coz wednesdays are the most popular day to rehearse at exile, oddly).

but coz i'm nice, i phoned the other band to see if they'd move their rehersal for you.

and coz they're nice, they said yes.

so i'll see you 5-7 on wednesday then. :)

reliably unreliable

Mark is a fucking arsehole for letting people down ALL THE TIME but Brian is his opposite so you can depend on booking and getting in to rehearse at Xile now.

Apart from his arsehole tendencies Mark is a good producer at times and funny as fuck to hang out with...if the cunt ever turns up.!

Guest Savant
...we decided not to go to the mill to record and instead have done our cd with him.

Cool - how's it sounding? How much time are you spending on each song, roughly?