aberdeen-music

Keith Chaos Live

jester1470

Regarding the comments about this show not selling well in Aberdeen' date=' would the fact that the main headliners are playing in Aberdeen the next night not have something to do with it?

Just a thought.[/quote']

Well the reason for that was to offset the costs of taking them up as Keith Chaos is being financially fronted by one guy - very bravely - from his own money, so we had to get the band as cheaply as possible, and with the assistance of Ross and RFR we were able to offset some of our costs when we booked the Bluetones. We were hoping with some of the other acts we got and some we were hoping to get, but pulled out we would have had enough of a draw.

Cheers

Stuart

Well the reason for that was to offset the costs of taking them up as Keith Chaos is being financially fronted by one guy - very bravely - from his own money' date=' so we had to get the band as cheaply as possible, and with the assistance of Ross and RFR we were able to offset some of our costs when we booked the Bluetones. We were hoping with some of the other acts we got and some we were hoping to get, but pulled out we would have had enough of a draw.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Stuart, I totally understand the reasons for doing so, just offering an opinion on why it may not be selling well in Aberdeen.

Would be interesting to know the sales figures for Bluetones at Moshulu like.

Stuart' date=' I totally understand the reasons for doing so, just offering an opinion on why it may not be selling well in Aberdeen.

Would be interesting to know the sales figures for Bluetones at Moshulu like.[/quote']

I think they're suffering from usual Aberdeen apathy too, the problem with any gigs in aberdeen is the lack of available and affordable advertising space to a target market, i bet there are people who would go to both gigs but dont know about them.

Cheers

Stuart

How about

Insted of apathy why not try 'not terribly interested' when referring to the publics approach to seeing the Bluetones etc? No disrespect but...

Apathy is a word that is bantered around all to easily in Aberdeen, I for one used it far too often when trying to get a handle on an Aberdeen attitude when in actual fact there is no difference to any other city except in available demographic. Christ, say apapthetic enough and I will begin to believe it.

('apathetic city' is an apathetic term used by promoters and bands to describe why a gig was quiet)

I agree with the points made about costs and the time of year. This is festival season around the country as well as holiday time and no doubt budgets are tight...

Good luck to all that are involved though and I hope it turns out a great success...

J

For whoever took off scene points and left this:

Keith Chaos Live 14-06-2005 14:41 it is not what the north east needs, the north east needs more diy gigs

I would love to know whats so bad about trying to entertain a lot of people and raise money for charity ? People dont have to like the music, but at least respect the effort thats gone into it and the fact we're trying to raise money for a great cause.

Cheers

Stuart

Here's the running order for anyone interested!

THE RUNNING ORDER

12.00 12.20 WHITE LIGHT

12.30 12.50 BULLIT THEORY

1.00 1.20 BABY KARMA

1.30 1.50 THE PHOENIX BAND

2.00 2.20 MARIA MILLER

2.30 3.00 SPINDRIFT

3.10 3.40 SMALL ENCLOSED AREA

3.50 4.20 ESKIMO BLONDE

4.30 5.00 JO McCAFFERTY

5.10 5.45 BLUE GUM EARS

5.55 6.30 THE METHOD

6.40 7.10 JOHN YOUNG

7.20 7.55 MIND GONE BLIND

8.05 8.40 KENSPECKLE

8.50 9.50 GRIM NORTHERN SOCIAL

10.10 11.45 THE BLUETONES

:cheers:

Guest Steve Irwin
Here's the running order for anyone interested!

THE RUNNING ORDER

12.00 12.20 WHITE LIGHT

12.30 12.50 BULLIT THEORY

1.00 1.20 BABY KARMA

1.30 1.50 THE PHOENIX BAND

2.00 2.20 MARIA MILLER

2.30 3.00 SPINDRIFT

3.10 3.40 SMALL ENCLOSED AREA

3.50 4.20 ESKIMO BLONDE

4.30 5.00 JO McCAFFERTY

5.10 5.45 BLUE GUM EARS

5.55 6.30 THE METHOD

6.40 7.10 JOHN YOUNG

7.20 7.55 MIND GONE BLIND

8.05 8.40 KENSPECKLE

8.50 9.50 GRIM NORTHERN SOCIAL

10.10 11.45 THE BLUETONES

:cheers:

whatta lorra shoite, that there bile is rabbish.