aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
ragudave

Aberdeen Harbour - innovation or eyesore ?

nice idea - bad medium.

all for progress and taking the harbour forward; but that building is going to be another Talisman house! just doesn't fit.!

nice idea - bad medium.

all for progress and taking the harbour forward; but that building is going to be another Talisman house! just doesn't fit.!

I agree - tis pretty unsightly beside the little Fittie village. But on the other hand the place where it is getting built has been derelict for years.

Well the building isn't too bad...its just they way it looks in that picture/surrounding. If they modernised some of the surroundings and harbour wall it might help it sit better.

No, don't like it. Fittie is a sweet little village, it's the rest of the place that needs to to be updated. Or flattened.

No' date=' don't like it. Fittie is a sweet little village, it's the rest of the place that needs to to be updated. Or flattened.[/quote']

This glass-fronted structure does a decent job of updating it, does it not? Bit i suppose it stands out amongst its immeditate surroundings

That building is possibly the most obtuse 'sore thumb' design i have seen in a while. Maybe if they included other proposed surrounding buildings it wouldnt look so out of place.

If we keep building individual buildings that we think look like the future, our idea of the future will change, and these buildings will still be out place. As an industrial area that is also an entrance to Aberdeen, the Harbour is the best place to start modernisation

I'm a bit against it simply because its Aberdeen trying to become like every other city. Its just about the only place left without a pedestrianised highstreet at the moment, and if it undergoes a gradual yuppification of the harbour it will just become what it always strives to be, a poor man's Glasgow, rather than a great place in its own right. I'm not resisitant to change but this isn't so much progress for Aberdeen as it plonking something out of place next to Fittie just to feel like its in the 21st Century.

Never mind all that!

Has anyone navigated to page 10? Check that saucy bit of stuff in the extreme bottom right!

(Not Birdman)