aberdeen-music

Beach Stabbing

Ohh thank you for correcting me. I really want to know what happened because I'm nosy like that.

All I know is, two people stabbed, one critically ill. But that was yesterday, all might have changed by now.

It pisses me off that things don't get put in the papers because of "legal reasons". Then months later after someone's been charged, you hear the whole story.

I once got chased by someone with a baseball bat across that very same playpark. A group of us were going to the ice disco (we were about 15 or 16 at the time) when someone jumped out of a car, shouted "Lets play baseball" and legged it towards us swinging the bat.

I tried to stear clear of the beach on a Friday night after that.

I once got chased by someone with a baseball bat across that very same playpark. A group of us were going to the ice disco (we were about 15 or 16 at the time) when someone jumped out of a car' date=' shouted "Lets play baseball" and legged it towards us swinging the bat.

I tried to stear clear of the beach on a Friday night after that.[/quote']

Least the guy had the good manners to forewarn you before he engaged his game.

I got followed home from the beach one friday by a group of neds trying to hit me with a seemingly unlimited supply of empty beer cans from across the other side of the boulevard. I found it incredibly hard to keep a straight face as i watched can after can fail to clear the middle of the road, convinced that at some point they would cross the road and close the distance.

That's not strictly true Camie, I work most fridays and saturdays and walk home more often than not and I've rarely seen much trouble. The new police curfew has made a huge difference, although god knows what they were up to on friday.

Dave Rowlands once got a bottle thrown at him by neds walking up the boulevard. So from then on he walks home via the prostitutes and never gets any trouble. Apparently cars sometimes slow down, realise it's a guy and speed up again, hahaha.

You are just asking for a hiding by going to the beach on a Friday or Saturday night it's ridiculous.

A guy from my work went to shcool with the two victims. They went to Northfield apparently.

Hmm, is this going to be another "My mum went to school with Annie Lennox"?

I've heard 3 different people who all went to different schools say that they went to school with the victims. Must've went to a few schools in their time.

Actually Princess, I wouldn't scared about movng to London, people in Scotland are always talking bollocks about how its unfriendly or dangerous and its without a doubt the friendliest and safest city i've ever lived in, largely because most of it is nowadays populated by young people who are not from London and are just there to enjoy life for a few years before returning to Australia, Aberdeen or wherever. Just avoid Brixton and harlesden and any kids in hoodies, which applies to most cities these days!

It pisses me off that things don't get put in the papers because of "legal reasons". Then months later after someone's been charged' date=' you hear the whole story.[/quote']

apart from when publishing things that could cause a miscarriage of justisce, or mis-trial due to information leaked in the press that put bias on the jury, as they read it "in the local rag".

If I remember correctly, there was a kiddy killing, and they couldn't take it to trial, because the fucking daily mirror published stuff they shouldn't have...

Actually Princess' date=' I wouldn't scared about movng to London, people in Scotland are always talking bollocks about how its unfriendly or dangerous and its without a doubt the friendliest and safest city i've ever lived in, largely because most of it is nowadays populated by young people who are not from London and are just there to enjoy life for a few years before returning to Australia, Aberdeen or wherever. Just avoid Brixton and harlesden and any kids in hoodies, which applies to most cities these days![/quote']

I used to live in Hampshire so I know London quite well and I know that, as long as you're "streetwise", living in London is fine. It just worries me cos I'm going on my own and things, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Having said that, I did have my money stolen in Brixton last year and don't think I'll ever go there again.

Hmm' date=' is this going to be another "My mum went to school with Annie Lennox"?

I've heard 3 different people who all went to different schools say that they went to school with the victims. Must've went to a few schools in their time.[/quote']

That would be beleiveable.

apart from when publishing things that could cause a miscarriage of justisce' date=' or mis-trial due to information leaked in the press that put bias on the jury, as they read it "in the local rag".

If I remember correctly, there was a kiddy killing, and they couldn't take it to trial, because the fucking daily mirror published stuff they shouldn't have...[/quote']

I know that, I just find it alarming when you read things like "so and so has been sentanced to six years for stabbing so and so in aberdeen last year" and you thing, "jesus I wasn't even aware that that happened".

I realise the stabbing is a bad example because we're talking about it now so we're clearly aware, but it happens a lot.

The underage disco 'hotsteppers', which usually houses itself in Westhill, decided to move to the slightly bigger premises (Beach Ballroom). They underestimated the about of little neds that would turn up and so were understaffed.

All wee whippersnappers were held inside by the few 'bouncers'.

I guess it was just a clash of people from different areas and an act of 'hardness' but it was to be expected.

Just hope it is not too serious.

I don't mean to sound like 'Betty fae doon the road' but it is totaly outrageous that this kind of shit happens on a daily basis these days. I mean for fuck sake, stabbing a random? how old was the guy that got knifed? 16? It's at the stage where, it doesnt matter who you are, where you are, what time your there, why your there, who your there with. "watch yourself, you might die"

I dont normaly rant for no reason but for fuck sake....there is just no need.

:moody:

Iv had a few kickins from neds coz im 'a goth mettelar min' and luckily never been hurt all that badly or had a weapon used against me.

I have no problems with one on one fights, its when it turns into ' My mates, sisters, brothers, best mates boyfreind is gonna batter you min' and I hate it when cunts use weapons, i fuckin HATE it.

Hope the two victims make a full recovery.