aberdeen-music

Star Wars or Lord of the Rings

Jesus.H.Christ

Guest Savant
The whole argument of LOTR being more realistic than Star Wars is a tadge rubbish.

I mean.... man has the ability to fly in space (with the aid of ships etc)... who's to say that far in the future that there won't be battles etc involving more advanced technology with other worlds - it's stupid to pressume we are the only "intelligent" life in a galaxy of millions of planets.

On the other hand... LOTR plot seems more unlikely to *actually* happen.... it seems more realistic as it is based on (middle) earth and that the scenary looks more familiar us.... however... the idea of several new species developing anytime soon seems somewhat unlikely...

*looks at ramble*

Anyways... in conclusion.... I like LOTR loads... but I like Star Wars more :D

I agree. I thought that too when I read Catherine's post. And Star Wars wins for me.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you agreed with my very old post.

Despite living with Neil for over a year I still haven't been converted to the LOTR's camp - as I said... I still like it a lot though.

I have a new Star Wars boxset - that's similar... but not the same as one I already have - arriving in the post soon. Mmmmmm.

Lord Of The Rings for me.

Star Wars (whilst good) is basically the same story...

Luke - Frodo

Obi Wan - Gandalf

Darth Vader - Saruman

The Emperor - Sauron

Death Star - The Ring

...and so forth

and another thing - Tolkien didn't feel the need to spawn three tacked-on moolah-generating presequel (Silmarillion disnae coont)...and he didn't create Jar-Jar Cunting Binks (though Gollum goat right oan ma tits)

Guest DustyDeviada

Watched Star Wars and Empire on my new telly yesterday and today and can confirm with some authority that Star Wars is the best.

For the avoidance of doubt I am talking about IV, V, VI, not the crappy prequels.

Watched Star Wars and Empire on my new telly yesterday and today and can confirm with some authority that Star Wars is the best.

For the avoidance of doubt I am talking about IV, V, VI, not the crappy prequels.

Fit kind of telly did ye get min?

Ps - LOTR ya bas.

PS - Shove LOTR up your arse, ungreased.

:up:

Ps - Star Wars fans are thumb-sucking geeks - just ask Jeremy Bulloch, who played Boba Fett.

A couple of scenes and one line later - he's swamped by losers expecting him to know the meaning of life, coz he wore a cool outfit in a sci-fi movie.

Star Wars? - get it riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight up ye!

Guest DustyDeviada

Ps - Star Wars fans are thumb-sucking geeks - just ask Jeremy Bulloch, who played Boba Fett.

A couple of scenes and one line later - he's swamped by losers expecting him to know the meaning of life, coz he wore a cool outfit in a sci-fi movie.

Hmm, a so-called Star Wars hater who knows who the fuck played Boba Fett? He doth protest too much me thinks. ;)

Hmm, a so-called Star Wars hater who knows who the fuck played Boba Fett? He doth protest too much me thinks. ;)

But no, sir - I like Star Wars, I just happen to like LOTR more. Anyway, there's this great invention called The Internet, and on there you can find out all sorts of pish...

Guest Savant
I have a new Star Wars boxset - that's similar... but not the same as one I already have - arriving in the post soon. Mmmmmm.

What new set is this? I have the trilogy on dvd that came out a couple of years ago (with the silver and black box) and I just got the original unedited versions on dvd too...

I think those are the most recent ones out, but there's undoubtedly going to be new versions coming out, though I don't know the details.

Has there been a boxset of the entire saga yet? There's been talk of one featuring making puppet Yoda (in Phantom Menace , not the old Trilogy ;)) CGI, and I wouldn't put it past Lucas to use that to justify a whole new release.

Guest DustyDeviada
I think those are the most recent ones out, but there's undoubtedly going to be new versions coming out, though I don't know the details.

Has there been a boxset of the entire saga yet? There's been talk of one featuring making puppet Yoda (in Phantom Menace , not the old Trilogy ;)) CGI, and I wouldn't put it past Lucas to use that to justify a whole new release.

They did it already for one clip on the ROTS extras, it does look better:

YouTube - Yoda: Muppet or CGI?