aberdeen-music

Star Wars or Lord of the Rings

Jesus.H.Christ

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Star Wars like a child but Lord of the Rings is just the greatest tale ever, and I made a LOTR based film for Media Studies last year which involved me running around the forest with a full-size bow and arrow dressed as an Elf, therefore it shall always hold a special place in my heart and is my favourite.

I love Star Wars like a child but Lord of the Rings is just the greatest tale ever' date=' and I made a LOTR based film for Media Studies last year which involved me running around the forest with a full-size bow and arrow dressed as an Elf, therefore it shall always hold a special place in my heart and is my favourite.[/quote']

that i have to see

Han Solo Vs Lando since he is a traitor in all

yes..but...that defeats the purpose completely...he didn't betray them to help out Sauron.

they should make a WWF style event to decide!

Obi Wan Vs Gandolf

Anakin Vs Frodo

The Emperor Vs Sauron

Darth Vader Vs Aragorn

Princess Lia Vs Arwen

Yoda Vs Gollum

Count Duku Vs Saruman

Han Solo Vrs the other guy..

it would be ace

Ace call. Here's my picks

Obi Wan Vs Gandolf

Anakin Vs Frodo

The Emperor Vs Sauron

Darth Vader Vs Aragorn

Princess Lia Vs Arwen

Yoda Vs Gollum

Count Duku Vs Saruman

Han Solo Vrs the other guy..

(Darth Vader Vs Aragorn is a tough one...but when I think how physically efficient Darth is...Aragorn wins.)

4-4...there'll be hell to pay on Raw.

The whole argument of LOTR being more realistic than Star Wars is a tadge rubbish.

I mean.... man has the ability to fly in space (with the aid of ships etc)... who's to say that far in the future that there won't be battles etc involving more advanced technology with other worlds - it's stupid to pressume we are the only "intelligent" life in a galaxy of millions of planets.

On the other hand... LOTR plot seems more unlikely to *actually* happen.... it seems more realistic as it is based on (middle) earth and that the scenary looks more familiar us.... however... the idea of several new species developing anytime soon seems somewhat unlikely...

*looks at ramble*

Anyways... in conclusion.... I like LOTR loads... but I like Star Wars more :D

LOTR as a book beats Star Wars as films hands down. The recent star wars are a let down...but then again so are parts of the LOTR series...saying that I haven't watched LOTR since I watched all 3 in a row and was REALLY sick at the end of it all.

I keep coming back to LOTR. Must have read it about 3.5times now...and The Hobbit as well. I never feel the need/desire to watch Star Wars particularly often.