aberdeen-music

Who believes/disbelieves in karma, personnaly i find karma very comforting eg. someone is a complete shit to me in any matter of way, i then feel quite content knowing that they will get there come uponce.

But then again you have to think if it is true that people pay for there actions through other actions then what exactly have millions of people done to suffer extreme poverty/illness.

I just think its quite an interesting concept, and in my experience i think it has stopped myself from doing somethings which i thought i would later regret.

anyone else have any viewpoint on the subject?

I believe in it, My mum's ex husband tried to kill her on a number of occasions and later died of cancer. One of my mum's bosses made her life hell, she later died of cancer. My sisters (much older) boyfriend treat her like shit, he died in september... of cancer. When my dad was a teen he was bullied by this guy who rode a motorbike and one day he stepped over the line with my dad but he held himself back, the guy rode off into the sunset.... crashed his bike and died.

It's kinda scary to think of it actually.

I believe in it' date=' My mum's ex husband tried to kill her on a number of occasions and later died of cancer. One of my mum's bosses made her life hell, she later died of cancer. My sisters (much older) boyfriend treat her like shit, he died in september... of cancer. When my dad was a teen he was bullied by this guy who rode a motorbike and one day he stepped over the line with my dad but he held himself back, the guy rode off into the sunset.... crashed his bike and died.

It's kinda scary to think of it actually.[/quote']

thats scary, even though i have so much hatred for some people, i would never wish cancer on the life of anyone, it's an awful way to die :(

i believe in karma, you get your come back 3x over..

it's a really terrifying thought, but i have donoe bad things, and they did come back for me.. but hopefully the people who abused me will get their come back sooo much worse.

fuck bad people, they aint worth the air we breathe

jeez, yeh they are extreme cases of karma, quite disturbing how many people who your family didn't get on with died of cancer :s i havn't had anything like that personnally, more like someone really hurts my feelings and i later hear that they have been beat up etc. maybe not very christian of me but makes me feel better when people get whats coming to them.

I believe in it' date=' My mum's ex husband tried to kill her on a number of occasions and later died of cancer. One of my mum's bosses made her life hell, she later died of cancer. My sisters (much older) boyfriend treat her like shit, he died in september... of cancer. When my dad was a teen he was bullied by this guy who rode a motorbike and one day he stepped over the line with my dad but he held himself back, the guy rode off into the sunset.... crashed his bike and died.

Or maybe your family's just got crazy mystical revenge powers?

I find it hard to believe in karma when I constantly see great things happening to awful people, and awful things happening to people who've done nothing to deserve them.

Or maybe your family's just got crazy mystical revenge powers?

I find it hard to believe in karma when I constantly see great things happening to awful people' date=' and awful things happening to people who've done nothing to deserve them.[/quote']

that is a valid point, the old phrase " nice guys finish last " springs to mind, but then again karma can of course take many forms, whose to say that somone who has made there way up in the world through fucking other people over etc. is happy with themself? I mean can someone truly be happy with themself if they have made other peoples lives painful, that in its self is karma no?

I think generally nasty people end up getting what they deserve because of the way they lead their lives, if someone makes you feel like shit, the chances are they may do it to someone who returns the favour. Also,more often than not nasty people tend to have nasty habits, like heavy drinking or smoking ( not that i have anything against smokers or drinkers), and so may die of such horrible things as cancer, although i dont think anyone deserves to die that way.

Same goes for good people, in that sense i suppose this good/bad karma does make sense, and thats the way i see it. :D

I find it hard to believe in karma when I constantly see great things happening to awful people' date=' and awful things happening to people who've done nothing to deserve them.[/quote']

Ditto on this.

Generally though I'd like to think that if try to be a good person then people notice that and hopefully your life is better as a result.

i like the idea of karma and it's great to put things down to it but i don't really believe in it.

i believe in treating people the way you'd expect to be treated. be nice to folk and they'll be nice back.

this works in most aspects of life except when dealing with customer service representatives at computer companies it would seem.

thinking about it i agree with JME in that generally people who are prone to doing shitty things to people on the whole do shitty things to themselves ( drinking/smoking/drug abuse etc.) and in consequence they are more likely to suffer from illness or depression. But i guess this counts as karma as well, i mean does karma have to be on a spiritual level to count?

Best post ever.