aberdeen-music

Where were all of Aberdeen's skate/BMX/etc fraternity last night then?!

Rob Karloff

As good as the gig was, I noticed (as did others) that most of the crowd that came along to support the drive to build a huge extreme sports centre down the beach were 14-20ish Karloff and Black Atom fans. Where were all the skaters and other extreme sports fanatics then?? If I were the Transition folks behind the 2.6M project, I'd be wondering whether my efforts were justified, given the apparent lack of support from the very people the centre is meant to cater for. Funny how nearly everyone I speak to about the plans for the centre say "Hell yeah, just what Aberdeen's needed for years now", yet they couldn't pay a measly few quid to support it!!

On a positive note, a big, big, big thankyou to anyone who came along to see any of the acts at the Lemon Tree. You all had a great time and drove all the bands to put on a great performance each! Ruinous were particularly impressive for such a young bunch of dudes only on their first gig...!! Muchos gracias to all the Karloff Kult who went mental down the front, got their covering of blood, bought CDs and t-shirts, and continue to blind us with their support and appreciation. You're the best bunch of people, and we hope you like the new tunes we have on the way to you later on in the year!

i was off my fucking face on an acid/irn bru concoction with two crack whores and a stegasaurus.valid excuse i think you'll find.

in a related tale, i have a video of myself wall riding the wardrobe in my room with a painted horror face screaming swear words(from a different night i may add).

Never knew about it...would have gone along as well. Although my skating days went out with a snap and a pop 2 years ago I'd still like to see Aberdeen getting its act together with something like this.

For years and years people have been trying to push for something...it seems now that there is a lul in the popularity of some extreme sports. Especially skating. Maybe I don't see it because I am not skating anymore...but it def seems like theres less going on. I remember when our skate park here used to be full everynight...

I don't think it was very well advertised though to be honest.

I agree. First time I've ever heard of this (I know about the plans - but not the fund-raising gig) and I do try and keep my ear to the ground when I can. If you don't let people know about it then how can you expect people to turn up to it?

I agree. First time I've ever heard of this (I know about the plans - but not the fund-raising gig) and I do try and keep my ear to the ground when I can. If you don't let people know about it then how can you expect people to turn up to it?

There were posters and flyers kicking around town but the one thread on it on here I saw was a bit of a shambles to be honest and never really took off. Shame really, good cause and all that. I would've been along for some DJing action but we had a gig at the Moorings and I had back room duties of the DJing kind to take of at Moshulu.

As long as everyone enjoyed themselves I guess. Did anyone go round and flyer all the kids hanging out in town with skateboards during the day?