aberdeen-music

moshulu

johnathan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i only ask for those bands later in the night when i have realised and settled for the fact that nothing else i request stands a chance of being played. and im wasted and go' date=' ah well fuck time for the usuals i guess.[/quote']

Erm, here's a hint..if you want to hear the music that you want, including your shitty xfashionxcorex stuff, try going when the club opens. I'm sure the DJ's wouldn't have a problem with playing a run of stuff for you. Moshulu never gets busy until 12ish on any night, so..and if you're drunk later in the night but not at the start of the night, here's a novel concept..START DRINKING EARLIER :D

I can't help but think that you're upset because you want to "hardcore dance" and pose to all the girls - well, here's a wakeup call..that kind of stuff is very off putting to a lot of people, is it any wonder that they won't encourage it later in the night when the club is busy?

I dont really care no more.

The fact is, the only place I'm really gonna hear music that I REALLY want to hear is in The Moorings on a Friday when they play stuff like old man Gloom and The Locust. makes me smile.

Asides from the odd touch of Tool and some others that'll catch my ear, I tend to not care about the music being played. I just drink and speak to people regardless.

The fact is, I'd rather get absolutely blindingly drunk in Moshulu and speak to people I know/get along with/am attracted to as opposed to going to some shit dance club and get blindingly drunk and have the fear of getting a pint glass rammed in my face at any second.

Take your pick. Laid back alternative club with the occasional music you like or a hostile place full of wankers that plays a constant barrage of electronic bassy techno shit?

It's not a fucking hard one to make.

I personally say there isn't enough Khanate being played in Moshulu :D
I'd also like to point out thast I agree with this point entirely.

I'd love to see everyone in Moshulu rolling around the floor holding their guts because somebody has drugged Ross and stock on SUNN0))) - The Gates of Ballard or Khanate - Pieces of Quiet

EDIT: ALSO, In the back room of moshulu on Friday, Maxwell was Djing. And I distinctly remeber Desalvo - Brown Flag being played (or was it Get Black? I know which one it is, shut up you fiend).

As far as that goes, it means that the music in moshulu was better than its EVER been on a Friday, Purely for that one fucking song. I smile.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Jesus, five pages of someone pissing their knickers because they didn't like the music played. Who fucking cares? I hear maybe two songs a night that are in my noise collection. Do people actually go there specifically to hear music they like? Or is it just so that they want people to see them doing some stupid HC dance so they can feel all cool and everything? The latter, I reckon. If I want to hear stuff I like, I perform the simple act of putting on the stereo. I don't go to Moshulu for the music, I go there to get hammered among some nice, friendly people. Plus, when you're single, you can pull there no bother, but Cloud would disagree!

The amount of grief DJ's get is beyond me. Leave them alone, they can play whatever they want.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I agree. I want to know which songs it is.

I bet Jake secretly has a box of pop-punk 7 inches from a mid-life crisis or something.

Usually the Pistols, Damned or DK's.

I do indeed have a spare couple of boxes of punk vinyl I no longer want or need. Are you ever going to snuffle your way through them?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
no we just discovered in the other thread he is an avid FFAF fan' date=' usualy gets played in moshulu. :D[/quote']

If that was the case, I would have gone all wetpants and given you as many negative scene points as is humanly possible, called you a horrid, nasty man, written an angst-written song and whined for a while in my meaningful journal.

Usually the Pistols' date=' Damned or DK's.

I do indeed have a spare couple of boxes of punk vinyl I no longer want or need. Are you ever going to snuffle your way through them?[/quote']yeah, I keep forgetting about that. Might even see if theres anything worth throwing together for a wee distro. If there is, of course, all money would go back to you.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
yeah' date=' I keep forgetting about that. Might even see if theres anything worth throwing together for a wee distro. If there is, of course, all money would go back to you.[/quote']

There's actually some decent stuff in there, some of it is ep's I no longer need due to having discography LP's and whatnot. You thinking of setting up a distro? I can give you some good contacts if you're up for it.