• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its not that really.

and you know they wont play stayover.

just cos you requested it.

i think they have a list that when you request a song, they write the song on it. i think the list is named "songs NOT to be played"

wow my scene points has went from zero to minus 4 in like 10 mins. i didnt realise people were so sad to still bother with that haha keep it goin. im aiming for the most minus's yet

Guest haigyman
its not that really.

i think they have a list that when you request a song' date=' they write the song on it. i think the list is named "songs NOT to be played"

wow my scene points has went from zero to minus 4 in like 10 mins. i didnt realise people were so sad to still bother with that haha keep it goin. im aiming for the most minus's yet[/quote']

i think i can give out a few negative points at once

not that that's related to this of course

i think they have a list that when you request a song' date=' they write the song on it. i think the list is named "songs NOT to be played[/quote']

Or maybe the DJ's are sick of hearing the same old crap and want to be a bit more entertaining?

Seriously, they didn't play the music that you wanted to hear. boo fucking hoo. go start your own clubnight if you don't like it.

its not that really.

i think they have a list that when you request a song' date=' they write the song on it. i think the list is named "songs NOT to be played"

wow my scene points has went from zero to minus 4 in like 10 mins. i didnt realise people were so sad to still bother with that haha keep it goin. im aiming for the most minus's yet[/quote']

In my experience "most" requests get played. Bond*age has always been about what is current in the rock / indie / punk / alt scene.

Currently Nu Metal is DEAD

Indie is back with a bang...... SHITLOADS of GREAT bands outwith the usual Britpop scene.

Punk and hardcore has merged with Metal in the shape of bands like Strung Out and Killswitch Engage etc.

Rock is still in the for of Foo Fighters and the likes of Feeder and so on.

Bond*age has been more "current" since carnage started as the Metal side was causing the night to become stagnant.

Bond*age is still THE ONLY club in Aberdeen that you`ll hear Chemical Bros / Arch Enemy / Foo Fighters / Bloc Party / My Chemical Romance / Body Rockers / LCD Soundsystem

adam fancy posting the setlist so can see what is so shite bout it......dont like to judge until see what was played considering wasnt there.......

my guess is that it was up to usual hugh standards by adam and this thread is made by a a core kid who didnt hear raised fist all night :angel:

indie is not back with a bang. its back with irritation and annoyance. sorry.

its not my club and my voice is not important and i dont have a say. but if i did id say keep most of that shite for exodus.

punk and hardcore has merged with metal in the shape of bands like kse. so we get my last serenade every week, or rose of sharyn. and maybe if your lucky self revolution. kse is always followed by atreyu. always. and its either right side of the bed or aint love grand

yeah maybe the dj is sick of playing the same old crap. me too, so play some stuff you dont usually play. we could starting by missing american idiot for one night?

i went to carnage last month and it was good. but its only once every four weeks thats kinda rubbishy.

i dont want to start a club night and dont have the slightest clue how to. i wanna get pissed and dance then come home and go online and moan

The Majority - en masse think that Killswitch Engage is EMO.

They also have no idea who Atreyu are. Nor any idea about most current musical sub genres.

Sad but true. Also people ask for the same songs EVERY single week.

Personally i`d play something rather than American Idiot off the new album if one of the other djs would actually pay attention to where he puts my cds after hes used them. Since a certain 1 dj has started using them i`ve lost:

Ben Folds Five - Whatever and Ever

GnR - Appetite

Velvet Revolver - Album

Green Day - American Idiot album

Numerous cd singles

Couple of other albums that i can`t remember.

Bond*age is more current now than it has been in ages as i said. When you are djing to 450+ every week you have to play to the crowd.

The requests cover Britpop->Indie->left-field indie->pop punk ->original punk ->rock n roll->hip hop->rap->dance->pop metal->emo->hardcore->pop rock->rock->metalcore->screamo->metal->grindcore

And these are EVER friday night!

Jonathon you are moaning about a sub genre of a sub genre and demanding more of that genre played. Put the bands that you are talking about into the list above and tell me how on earth you can fit more by numerous artists in the same genre into the spectrum of music above.

A DJ reads the crowd that are in the building and the dance floor. He/she reacts to this and the music flows through genres that are similiar and thus creates a vibe.

Kerrang/MTV generations nowadays just want their song as soon as it is requested and thus are more akin to a jukebox than a DJ. If I were djing in a Pub then i`d play more tunes across genres that quickly but sadly club djing is very different.

I`m not having a go but if people actually stepped back and looked at things from a DJ`s point of view then they`d probably appreciate what they have a lot more.

Also everyone knows that the most interesting stuff gets played in the first hour or so.

Amusingly someone came up to me and mentioned that they couldn`t believe that I was playing Pretty Girls Make Graves in Moshulu.

My retort was that i`d actually been playing them since September of 2002. I`ve seen them a good 3 or 4 times since first seeing them at Reading 2002.

Played Arcade Fire occasionally for a while but to no avail. Same thing happened when I say Interpol years ago and started playing them at what was the Palace if I recall.

Pah.. maybe i`m just too old for this.

jonathon u are moaning about a sub genre of a sub genre and demanding more of that genre played. Put the bands that you are talking about into the list above and tell me how on earth you can fit more by numerous artists in the same genre into the spectrum of music above.

im not too sure what you mean by this... what is the sub genre of a sub genre that i am demanding more off. i dont seem to have demanded anythin in my posts only mentioned that the setlists are very repetive and becoming more indie orientated,

"the bands that i am talking to"? i dont talk to much bands. apart from some local ones really. what do want me to tell you? im confused by that paragraph alot.

Setlists are slightly more "indie" yes. as Indie is te most popular alt genre again in the Uk.

Top selling Rock single of 2005 has been The Stereophonics - Dakota. Which i think is a great dance floor track.

Problem with Metalcore is that people en masse know KsE and Atreyu and that's about it. I`ve tried playing loads of other but it just doesn`t get a rise from people.

And you generally always keep the big requests to the end or near the end of te evening.

Also a song with a fade out will most likely have a fade in after it. if a song starts abruptly then the track before will finish abruptly.

Hence KsE being great to go with the drums on Atreyu's two tracks that people ask for. Couple more now ask for Lipgloss and Black.. So expect that played in the next few weeks.

oh metalcore - subgenre of Metal/Punk/Hardcore - subgenre of Rock/Pop

Setlists are slightly more "indie" yes. as Indie is te most popular alt genre again in the Uk.

correct me if im wrong. which i prob am. but... try to understand what im trying to say.

isnt the meaning of "alternative" something that is different from usual and maybe slightly less popular? so if the case was that it was an alternative night.. then it wouldnt be quite so important to be playing the most popular form of alternative music.

you still didnt really answer my last one. where did i exactly demand more "metalcore - subgenre of Metal/Punk/Hardcore - subgenre of Rock/Pop"

and what was it you wanted me to tell you? " tell me how on earth you can fit more by numerous artists in the same genre into the spectrum of music above."

you might also notice im not actually asking for more atreyu but maybe more a break from them and some other bands, that might be suited to people who like them or into them.

i fail to see how someone could mistake kse for emo.

i think maybe im not okay by mcr shud be deleted from fridays setlist for a while too.

its good to hear songs that arent played often and you go yeah ace! but alot of songs are repeated each week without fail... and they lose their appeal and become less enjoyable or less exciting to dance to.

does any of my points even half stand for something that you can maybe understand where im coming from