aberdeen-music

Anyone going to see Green Day in Milton Keynes?

2 weeks to go...anyone going down? Its a sort of take it or leave it line up (simple plan and taking back sunday?! :down: plus jimmy eat world, who are ok) Its the biggest gig I'm ever gonna be at (beating Fugazi at Barrowlands, which didn't feel too big really) I'm actually a bit worried, 65000 fucking people, no doubt I'm gonna be at the back knowing my sodding luck....should be cool....hopefully he lays off the "ehhhh oohhss...." leave that shit for Queen at wembley....

Guest Tam o' Shantie
2 weeks to go...anyone going down? Its a sort of take it or leave it line up (simple plan and taking back sunday?! :down: plus jimmy eat world' date=' who are ok) Its the biggest gig I'm ever gonna be at (beating Fugazi at Barrowlands, which didn't feel too big really) I'm actually a bit worried, 65000 fucking people, no doubt I'm gonna be at the back knowing my sodding luck....should be cool....hopefully he lays off the "ehhhh oohhss...." leave that shit for Queen at wembley....[/quote']

Don't count on it pal - also don't count on every song with a decent riff having that riff dragged out on repeat for 10 minutes while BJ asks you to chant with him. If Glasgow was anything to go by (and lets face it after playing the same set for 5 years I doubt they'd have changed their current one since March), they'll finish on Queen's "We are the champions"... :down:

Don't count on it pal - also don't count on every song with a decent riff having that riff dragged out on repeat for 10 minutes while BJ asks you to chant with him. If Glasgow was anything to go by (and lets face it after playing the same set for 5 years I doubt they'd have changed their current one since March)' date=' they'll finish on Queen's "We are the champions"... :down:[/quote']

i know i hate bands that interact with the crowd and what have you.

nah can see what tom is sayin. apart form new songs it seems to be the same set they were doin when seen em in december 2000. bit lame to be fair but it is def a winning formula so then comes the idea dont broke what aint fixed.

goin to sunday show. look forward to it and hope to be bit surprised and they change it bout a bit but i know realistically it aint gunna happen. still overall should be worth the trip :-)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

what i'm trying to say, is that their 'interaction with the crowd' is entirely scripted, and as such, isn't actually interacting at all.

what i'm trying to say' date=' is that their 'interaction with the crowd' is entirely scripted, and as such, isn't actually interacting at all.[/quote']

yeh actually that is a pretty fair point. But its still interacting is it not even if it is planned out before hand is it not? He is still getting the crowd involved in their set.

Guest Logan

Right well I'm all practiced up on the scripted set now :D American Idiot, after the solo everyone chant intime to the last chordof the riff, it will gradually get quieter, duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduh-HEY! duhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhduhd-HEY!

Then its fingerpointin time HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY which gets faster and faster until its a cheer. The same happens in hitchin a ride. No wonder its 2 hours sets and still 10 songs :D I just wanna be the dorky kid who gets up to play basketcase on the guitar, as they've been giving all the guitars recently, I could do witha nicenew Gibson :D:D

*checks* yeah, I still have a hard on. Kinky.

I want to know who's replacing Simple Plan. Best news ever that they're not playing :D

We have a good few hours in London before heading up. It's the Sunday for me. Assed with the 64,999 other people though.... And I so hope it's not raining!

Claire (therandomblonde) and Rhiannon are also going on the Sunday.