aberdeen-music

does anyone remember..

Penny

.. the name of a childrens gameshow from ages ago..

it was between 2 teams, and they had to do different challenges.. it was set in a big highrise fantasy building and they had to complete stages, like swimming down to the bottom of a bowl of 'cereal' (a giant swimming pool in the shape of a bowl) and get alphabet pieces to make a word, and cross a chessboard blindfolded whilst their teammates tried to get them across without meetin a darth-vader lookalike..

and in the end, the team who had most points got to go into a room that looked like a big new-york office, armed with a key, and they had to find a treasure chest that had a lock that matched the key.. and they won all the prizes..

i know that sounds a bit vague, but i really want to know the name of it, coz i used to love that show!!

ta xx

yeh incredible games, in a lift two teams go to different floors to play different games, alphabet soup, a thing where they had to link pipes in water, the whole chess board thing at the end with the kreepy guy in the cloak.

oh my god, you're soooo correct haha!! gold star

david walliams (of little britian) was the voice of the lift!! how odd..

ok, next question.. what was the kids program called that had the owl on the tree in a green house, and you could put beans into the tree and lovely plants would grow.. so funny and so cute..

Nightmare! Now we ARE talking.

Fuck yeh!

Check what ive found' date=' [url']www.knightmare.com

Its got clips and everything. It looks ridiculously lame now, but at the time it was bloody amazing!

edit: to the person who gave me bad rep for this, you are wrong, its Knightmare, not Nightmare. :nono:

ok' date=' next question.. what was the kids program called that had the owl on the tree in a green house, and you could put beans into the tree and lovely plants would grow.. so funny and so cute..[/quote']

That was Greenclaws. One of my favourites when I was little. I still have an episode of it on video. Funhouse was wonderful. My first crush was on Pat Sharp. :O

u watchin channel 4?! its great..

they just showed a clip of 'kryptonfactor'.. i always wanted to go on that show' date=' that and 'crystal maze'.. oooooooh.. why don't they do anything fun like that anymore?! :([/quote']

Krypton Factor is coming back.

oh my god' date=' you're soooo correct haha!! gold star

david walliams (of little britian) was the voice of the lift!! how odd..

ok, next question.. what was the kids program called that had the owl on the tree in a green house, and you could put beans into the tree and lovely plants would grow.. so funny and so cute..[/quote']

The one with the owl i think was called Green Fingers... I think it had some big horrible troll gardener in it aswell.

That site is so good i've even bookmarked it!

Pigeon Street used to freak me out for some reason and listening 2 it again has brought the memories flooding back 8o

The Poddington Peas, however, now THAT is a tune :rockon:

Alas why don't programs nowadays throw as much of the budget on their title tunes as they did back in the day? Gems like Henry's cat, Going for Gold, and my personal fav Bucky O'Hare just aren't heard of nowadays.

Ahh nostalgia