aberdeen-music

Decent scene in Aiberdeen

Ollie

Guest Zeenat Aman
i just miss the old days when everyone was in it together and there was no bands bitching at eachother...but here's hoping things get even better!

What planet was this on?

"the leg thing"

(Im actually quite scared of Jim so Id like to stress absolutely no attempt to upset' date=' mock or offend him in any way in these postings)

I think Frosty is twisting my words as a way to instigate scandal.Suggesting some kind of sick twist to a clearly harmless and made up story![/quote']

Too f***ing late Milne!!!! I'm upset! Meant or not I have taken everything at literally! Right... The good vibe that has been taken place on this thread is over! I'm finding a new pie shop!!

:finger::D

i just miss the old days when everyone was in it together and there was no bands bitching at eachother...but here's hoping things get even better!

er, when was that then?

there's always an underlying current of bitchiness between bands. sometimes it's been better than others but it's always there. too many ego's i guess.

er' date=' when was that then?

there's always an underlying current of bitchiness between bands. sometimes it's been better than others but it's always there. too many ego's i guess.[/quote']

im refering to the likes of POO and Quik and Sirius all being there for eachother and always pulling in a great crowd!

er' date=' when was that then?

there's always an underlying current of bitchiness between bands. sometimes it's been better than others but it's always there. too many ego's i guess.[/quote']

See now, I think even that can be a positive thing. As long as it is in the form of competitiveness. I do hate to hark back to the past, but it is a good example - it would be fair to say there was a great deal of competition between The Lorelei and Tinderbox in their day. A lot of people considered this to be bitchiness, and it kind of was really, but more importantly it really spurred both bands on to continually come up with something better than the other. There was a good balance of working together, and trying to outdo each other. I see the same thing now with MMW and Lucifer - on the surface they're fighting, but really they're working together to egg each other on to get better and better. The recent combined gig at Drummonds really showed that. Competition combats complacency.

i agree with you there frosty, so long as it always remains a friendly competitiveness.

i'm not gonna take this thread down a negative route and bang on about ego's(i never meant to indicate that i thought certain people had big ego's, merely that in music egos exist.) but i will point out that what gumpy is talking about still exists. you're referring to a small group of bands looking out for each other in a wider scene and that still happens in aberdeen, it's just perhaps that you are more aware of the wider scene around all that now so you think that it's bitchier. aberdeen's as bitchy as it's always been but there's a lot of positive things happening just now that can take aberdeen forward despite bitching and moaning and all the negative things that people care to throw around. let's hope it continues and we can all look forward to a time when everyone gets on and everyone makes music and art together for the sake of creativity and nothing more.

word.

I think the gig that was put on at Imagine on the 25th of May was a great example of some of the points raised here. Good crowd, good venue, low price and a bunch of bands playing different styles of music but getting on and helping each other out.

I don't think it matters if we see bitchyness on these boards/elsewhere. There has always been a good scene Aberdeen for as long as I can remember <not really THAT long> and I think it was Dave Officer who said it could become a stonker...I dearly hope so.