aberdeen-music

Old skool deathmetal

hatecampaign

Howdy you all

I am looking to start up another band again, We're needing people drums, bass, and pos vox ( depends if we find someone good enough), to complete it.

Me and my mate were in a deathmetal band about 10 years ago, and want to get something else going.

We're no spring chicken's and would prefer people our own age, but it's not that important.

Were not very local (nearer Elgin) but we would be able to travel for the right people.

We're into stuff like, Six Feet Under, At The Gates, Dimmu Borgir, Gorefest, etc.

So if your looking for an old skool deathmetal band then giz a shout.

Hmm its probably because you guys are pretty old. But more likely, its because you live about 40 miles away.

Knowing the age and such of the musicians in Aberdeen i'd safely bt that 60% don't have transport so that only leaves a few other ways of getting about, publically.

Now most of those guys could probably not get to Ellon let alone Elgin since they normally all have pretty small, part-time jobs.

If they were to walk at an average speed of 2mph for example, it would take 20 hours to get there. Obvious disadvantages being that tiredness will have set in big time and muscles will have reached the point of exhaustion. Really not the sort of defeated person one would need for such a furious band.

After a while, however, you'd find that the person might actually become totally exempt of energy but, sticking to a tight schedule of band practice, may be forced to continue his/her trek. This would be crawling I'm guessing and the speed would be dramatically decreased and obstacles would start to compromise the safe travel of your member: discarded littler, broken twigs and menacing insects. All in all i'd say that the travel time (if the victim/member had enough water, oxygen, pills, food, other bare essential), would be nearer to an entire day!

I suggest you concentrate on looking for members in Elgin or perhaps as far away as that place Inverness.

Good luck

(Not Birdman)

I've already been trying Inverness direction, and I could get loads of bands started up, but I dont want to play Greenday covers.

And I do believe I said we would travel for the right people, there seems to be quite a few people from Dundee/Perth joining bands in Aberdeen. Which is alot farther away than Keith/Elgin. AND! I'm 30 years young, with a bloodthirsty appetite for going apeshit in front of a crowd.

Anyway thanks for the reply,I did enjoy that!

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds cool! unfortunatley, my main instrument is guitar(my drumming is too shit for death metal just now!) and im in a band, which is taking up enough time as is but good luck finding members! it'd be cool to have more proper death metal bands in The Area!

:rockon:

Thanks alot!

I was giving up on Aberdeen, Its good to hear someone having something to say.

I dont know what the metal scene is like there now, but it used to be brilliant.

I would go through all the time to watch bands like Korpse or Inextremis, and bigger bands like Paradise Lost, Bolt Thrower, and Cancer

It seems people would rather go to a night club and listen to records being played intsead of going to see a live band these days.

well man i would love to jam with you guys sometime

Im 17

played drums for 4-5 years

played in numerous heavy bands

Known for my blasts

influences include : Dream Theater/Bolt Thrower/Carcass/Obituary/Pig Destroyer/Slayer/Repulsion/Autopsy/Winter/Exhumed and pretty much old school style metal

Available everyday after 7 pm

Thanks alot!

I was giving up on Aberdeen' date=' Its good to hear someone having something to say.

I dont know what the metal scene is like there now, but it used to be brilliant.

I would go through all the time to watch bands like Korpse or Inextremis, and bigger bands like Paradise Lost, Bolt Thrower, and Cancer

It seems people would rather go to a night club and listen to records being played intsead of going to see a live band these days.[/quote']

Did you ever see Malevolence? I never did coz I lived in edinburgh at the time, but my mate played drums with them, and had a stint on vocals in their latter day (if my memory serves me correct). If so, were they any good?

well man i would love to jam with you guys sometime

Im 17

played drums for 4-5 years

played in numerous heavy bands

Known for my blasts

influences include : Dream Theater/Bolt Thrower/Carcass/Obituary/Pig Destroyer/Slayer/Repulsion/Autopsy/Winter/Exhumed and pretty much old school style metal

Available everyday after 7 pm

F**k you are oldskool!! I'm into all that bands. Send me an email' date=' hopfully we can sort something out. My email is [u']markjolz@aol.com