aberdeen-music

More SIN CITY

Afro Droid

FUCKING AMAZING! With a capital FUCK.

Rodriguez has ripped pages out of the book and put them on the big screen, it's absolutely perfectly realised. Mickey Roarke IS Marv, Clive Owen manages not to over-act for a change and all the women look fantastic (even crack-whore Britney Murphy).

Awesome, awesome, awesome, god bless Frank Miller. It crashes into my top 10 films ever. GO SEE!

Guest Logan

UGC were doing free tickets for it on Wednesday! And I fucking missed it! Damn weather and forgetfulness!

Probably see this next weekend, and then midnight showing for Batman Begins on the 16th!

Is this the best year ever for movies?

It certainly rivals the summer of '99 (I think it was 99 - whatever year the Matrix came out), I became moist at the Batman Begins trailer this evening too, it looks like it's gonna stick pretty closely to 'Batman: Year 1'. Miller must be making bank this year, and Alan Moore can redeem himself with V For Vendetta later this year, after the horrendous mockery that was The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie.

Anyways - I'll be back at the cinema next week for more Sin City and RotS action. League of Gentlemen Apocalypse too. AND the New Willy Wonka movie. Much aceness!

It makes a lot more sense but is slightly less impresive second time round. I still don't understand why that asswipe Josh Heartnet has the privalege of opening and ending such an ace film. I was told today that the opening was the pilot, used to show the other actors what it would be like, he's got the worst anti-heroic voice ever.

I also thought that they overkilled the voiceover, back-in-the-day there was only a dozen at the most but i'd say around 1/3 - 1/4 of the dialogue is part of the voiceover, which again, begins to grate on the second viewing. Final small moan was that i think it was slightly silly to follow the comic book too much, especially when the guy turned into a retarded yellow lump. It just looked stupid amongst all the serious noir vibes that radiated throughout.

Any 24 fans should also look out for Mike Novic, Palmers advisor, who beats up Hartigan when he's in prison.

Now everyone can put down cool answers for this...

I'd agree that the Josh Hartnet bit at the start was a bit extraneous - but That Yellow Bastard was done perfectly IMO, which is probably coloured by the fact that I was a fan of the books long before the film was even concieved, and acurancy and faithful interpretation was what I wanted from this film, because the source material is so awesome.

Guest Logan
i loved the film...im gonna go out and look for some books now i reckon..its probably become one of my favorite films ever after seeing it...

Jesus boy! How the hell do you get minus 31 scene points!?!

Guest Logan
its up to -30 now. to be honest i dont know..i believe its entirely because of my avatar judging by the comments i received.

It's up cuz I gave you one! ^_^ :up:

Sin City was fucking awesome. Absolutely awesome. Mickey Rourke was brilliant and Elijah Wood gave me the creeps. Benicio Del Toro was PERFECT as Jackie Boy, although apparently Johnny Depp was up for the part before leaving for other commitments. Overall, fucking ace and I'm going back in to see it again next week.

yeah i'm in agreement with everyone that loved it. it was so perfectly done! elijah wood was terrifying as kevin. i'd re-read book one after i heard that he'd be playing that role and couldn't picture it, but he perfected it down to the expressionless smile. jessica alba was the goddamn sexiest nancy callihan. that lassoo dance at the end. i'm just sad we didn't get to see her spin her pistols. i'm gonna see it again this week, but as a fan of the graphic novels, i'd had a high expectation when i went in and even that was exceeded.