aberdeen-music

Iomega @ Moorins 4th June

and how were iomega?

To be brutally frank, terrible. They just sounded shit. They have some good ideas though and were unfortunately let down by their guitarists pedal. They sounded much better at Drummonds when i saw them then, maybe thats something to do with the fact that the sound in the moorings is pish.

Who knows...

Today We Fight! were fucking ace!

Fucking right they were, I was saying to everyone last night - I don't even like the genre that they fit into, yet I thought they were truly fucking ace. I can't describe what made me like them so much, but they just kicked so much ass. What I saw of Hot Mangu was good as well, but Today We Fight! were just incredible.

More? I definitely think so.

To be brutally frank' date=' terrible. They just sounded shit. They have some good ideas though and were unfortunately let down by their guitarists pedal. [/quote']

I'd have to agree, but they weren't as bad as the first band, who looked like they'd rather have been breaking into someone's car than playing the gig. They were just so pish. They did manage to get through about 20 cigarettes in a half set though...

I'd have to agree' date=' but they weren't as bad as the first band, who looked like they'd rather have been breaking into someone's car than playing the gig. They were just so pish. They did manage to get through about 20 cigarettes in a half set though...[/quote']

Yeah that'll be the guys that approached me after their set and said:

Neddy guy with white woollen sunvisor - "R we gettin pyed or whit?"

Me - "Fuck knows I didn't book you"

Neddy guy with white woollen sunvisor - "ugh" then waddles off.

Having said that they did get a huge cheer when they announced their final song.

Iomega were good but the guitar had too much distortion for my tastes. Some nice solos though.

Tonight We Fight were much more melodic than I remembered and I quite liked them. Has there been a change in line up?

Hot Mangu were excellent as usual.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah pish.

And the FTSE closed on a 12 month high as shares in Blue Circle rose another 5 points after a day of intense trading. Conversely shares in fish food sunk to an all time low.

How about introducing yourself to me next time you're in :)

TODAY man! :p

No change in lineup as far as I'm aware...

Well James from Radio Lucifer was standing in on bass til they find a new bassist, so yes there would've been a line up change...

And how about you introduce yourself to me Flash, i'm sure you know who i am by now. Stu Maxwell told me you'd been asking who i was. :D

personally i thought both iomega and spitroast played good sets considering they got crammed on at the start of the night before the place even warmed up

and flash mate, calling one of them a "neddy lookin guy" is a bit much, lol, although he did look that way, hes the guy that runs ALL the metal/punk/rock gigs in falkirk district, so i can assure you he is not a ned (go see what i mean if you want www.misguidedrecords.cjb.net)

today we fight were amazing as usual though and hot mangu, meh, not too bothered about them but not bad

You're right - that was very rude of me. And their music certainly didn't sound neddy either, in fact it was more sort or AOR which was unexpected. But then I was very very very drunk so might have dreamed it all.

He just ruffled my feathers a little with the "So are we getting pied or whit" thing.

personally i thought both iomega and spitroast played good sets considering they got crammed on at the start of the night before the place even warmed up

and flash mate' date=' calling one of them a "neddy lookin guy" is a bit much, lol, although he did look that way, hes the guy that runs ALL the metal/punk/rock gigs in falkirk district, so i can assure you he is not a ned (go see what i mean if you want [url']www.misguidedrecords.cjb.net)

today we fight were amazing as usual though and hot mangu, meh, not too bothered about them but not bad