aberdeen-music

is kef going back to lava

Guest Cowboy Dan

I hate those fucking booths, why can't we all just sit along a wall and break our necks trying to see the band playing through that tiny gap upstairs again, eh?

Radars' date=' anyone? No? Just me and Flash then...

meeeeeemreez....mizzdeeewaddurculludmemmmmmreeezzzz....addawaaaaaywiweeeeeerrrrr....

*sobs*

ah..........just sussed the drum seat in Electric Tibet & Phil on Sax, phew the new

ET going to be fantastic i'm soo looking forward to this.

Radars' date=' anyone? No? Just me and Flash then...

meeeeeemreez....mizzdeeewaddurculludmemmmmmreeezzzz....addawaaaaaywiweeeeeerrrrr....

*sobs*

I can remember Radars, but I was too young to go in. In a bizarre development though - Paul Stewat has asked to me to DJ a "Back To Radars" night at Lava later this year....

Bring back Glow 303 and the Wodka Bar' date=' that's what I say.

Those of you under the age of 25 probably won't know what I'm talking about...:)[/quote']

Bah, I'm only 20 and I remeber both of them..Glow wasn't that long ago anyway :p

And it's still the Wodka Bar to me anyway.. :D

Guest Cowboy Dan

I used to go to Radars for dinner all the time with my parents, i remember it used to be such a squeeze trying to get in to play the arcade games and they had the carousel horse in the front window or something...

One time they lost our order so we never went back.

I used to go to Radars for dinner all the time with my parents' date=' i remember it used to be such a squeeze trying to get in to play the arcade games and they had the carousel horse in the front window or something...[/quote']

My dad used to take us to Radars for food sometimes as well. We'd only eat Macaroni Cheese and Spaghetti Bolognese and consume it as fast as we could so that we could play the ace WWF arcade machine. It were the bees knees I tell thee.

We used to sit in the Satellite Bar on Friday afternoons (University only opened for about an hour once a week on a Tuesday for 3 months of the year in those days) and play scare the square.

Squares destined for meals in Radars child friendly environment downstairs would occasionally blunder into the seething viper pit that was Satellites. They'd usually get about 5 yards across the floor before realising that:

A) It had gone quiet enough to hear the sound of urine trickling down a scared persons leg.

B) That everyone was staring at them.

C) That they were 5 yards from the door.

And then they'd execute this weird slow motion backing towards the door on tip-toes manouvre, like if they made a sudden movement the staring rabble would lunge at them. Then on getting within 2 yards of the door they'd usually make a run for it.

Yes... no wonder it never made any money.

Radars and Rosies was excellent. I remember the coke floats in Radars were excellent and when old enough to pass for 18 the pints in Rosies were none to bad either.

My ever lasting memory of Radars is the Dickie Birds Ice Cream tin sign they used to have on the wall.

If they refurb the place, I hope they sort the toilets.

Guest tv tanned
Bring back Glow 303 and the Wodka Bar' date=' that's what I say.

Those of you under the age of 25 probably won't know what I'm talking about...:)[/quote']

I give you all the scene points in the universe for this suggestion.

Fucking Siberia, full of knobends and yuppies and clean floors. Bah.

My dad used to take us to Radars for food sometimes as well. We'd only eat Macaroni Cheese and Spaghetti Bolognese and consume it as fast as we could so that we could play the ace WWF arcade machine. It were the bees knees I tell thee.

Don't mention that machine, last time you did, one of the wrestlers in it died the same day..remeber? :p