aberdeen-music

OM & EARTH

lepeep

I posted this on "5 for today", but I've listened to Them both now....

-----------------

i bought

OM - "variations on a theme"

Earth - "legacy of dissolution" (remixes).

if you don't know, "OM" is the bass player and Drummer from Sleep, 3 tracks : 45 mins...dooooom !

and earth's lp is a remix lp, remixed by : Mogwai, SUNNO))), JKFlesh, Autechre, jim o'rourke, Russle Haswell

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

-------------------------

jeez, it's amazing how time can fly when you are in a trance...

I thought om was amazing....21 min long song...made my afternoon fly !

as for earth, jeez, take a long lie down and plug this in....sheet, you'll forget your own name !...

these discs are for people with time on their hands...

great.

peep

for drone / noise gubbins see below

Supersonic Festival 2005

http://www.capsule.org.uk/Coming_Up/95.aspx

Saturday 9th July

This year will see three stages of live performances, art installations, film programme, video bingo, karaoke and most importantly cake.

Outside stage:

Psychic TV

Rother & Moebius (neu!/cluster/harmonia)

Dalek (Ipecac)

Battles (Don Caballero /Helmet)

Jesu (Hydra Head ex Godflesh)

Black Galaxy vs Kreepa (ex Napalm Death/Scorn)

Aereogramme (Undergroove)

Esquilax

Theatre space:

*Merzbow vs Stephen O'Malley (Sunn 0)))/Khanate)

Brian Duffy and Modified Toy Orchestra

Barbara Morgenstern + Robert Lippok (To Rococo Rot)

*Martin Creed + His Band (Turner prize winner 2001)

*David Cunningham (ex Flying Lizards)

Sol_dat

Medicine Bar:

Trevor Jackson

Colder (Output)

Dance Disaster Movement

Noise Noise Alore!

Granine + Stuart Braithwaite - Mogwai Dj set

Tunng (Static Caravan)

Khonnor (Type Records)

'dotb on ice' featuring live performances in an ice cream van from Dreams of Tall Buildings/PCM

Commissioned by Capsule and Wolverhampton Museum and Art Gallery

* Performancespresented in collaboration with the Ikon Gallery

Film programme by 7inch cinema

"*Merzbow vs Stephen O'Malley (Sunn 0)))/Khanate)"

AKA : Bring a potty, or just wear nappies.

I love the autechre mix on the earth CD, out of all of them, it's the most cohesive !...

and here was me going off autechre, and their arse seeking submarine.

"*Merzbow vs Stephen O'Malley (Sunn 0)))/Khanate)"

AKA : Bring a potty' date=' or just wear nappies.

I love the autechre mix on the earth CD, out of all of them, it's the most cohesive !...

and here was me going off autechre, and their arse seeking submarine.[/quote']

Merzbow! Quality, they have worked with Ulver :rockon:

• 11 months later...

new OM lp (2 tracks this time!)

OM

conference of the birds

the long awaited follow-up to the awesome 'variations on a theme' debut is comprised of two epic songs that build on om's use of cyclical rhythm, riff, and vocal incantation, the duo's new album 'conference of the birds' blends metal, chant, drone, dub, and psychedelia. the band's lyrics expound upon the structure of the universe, potentiality, and freedom from the physical body. engineered by billy anderson and produced by the band, 'conference of the birds' progresses beyond their debut, 'variations on a theme', with more fully realized songwriting and production. om is al cisneros and chris hakius, rhythm section of legendary sludge and stoner rock pioneers, sleep. utterly essential on holy mountain

new OM lp (2 tracks this time!)

OM

conference of the birds

the long awaited follow-up to the awesome 'variations on a theme' debut is comprised of two epic songs that build on om's use of cyclical rhythm, riff, and vocal incantation, the duo's new album 'conference of the birds' blends metal, chant, drone, dub, and psychedelia. the band's lyrics expound upon the structure of the universe, potentiality, and freedom from the physical body. engineered by billy anderson and produced by the band, 'conference of the birds' progresses beyond their debut, 'variations on a theme', with more fully realized songwriting and production. om is al cisneros and chris hakius, rhythm section of legendary sludge and stoner rock pioneers, sleep. utterly essential on holy mountain

conference of the birds is fantastic and i've prolly played this more than the debut. om really get under your skin and get better with repeated listens.

they have a split 10" coming on neurot with current 93 which is going to be a classic as well

speaking about current 93 - tibet's new album black ships ate the sky is a masterpiece. guest vox from marc almond, antony, bonnie prince billy, shirley collins. ben chasny and michael chasmore on guitar and a host of other folk. one of my albums of the year so far!

sounds fantastic....

I wonder if OM will used to be doing such short songs, i mean, a 10" must only hold about 12 - 14 mins of music... he he

The holy mountain website is pretty pish (bloody stoners!), but certainly a few bands I am going to check out....