aberdeen-music

goNORTH 2005

Aly Gray

ooooh....... sticklebricks

Gonynorth do that.....

jesters wear funny hats.... with bells ..... :jester: oh yes they do...... a little bit like clowns.... who have flowers that sqwuirt water......and ermm big shoes...... but I dont think jesters have big shoes.....

:woohoo:

good to see some normality back into this thread :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen artists who has played a variety of gigs outside Aberdeen this year' date=' I'd hazard a guess more than any other local band[/quote']

haha, i'm so gonna sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet here, but I just want to throw it in anyway.

Filthpact played our first gig on May 16th last year.

Since then we've played 47 gigs, with two coming up next week.

Out of those 49 gigs, 10 have been in Aberdeen.

the others have been in Scotland, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria and Finland.

Just thought I'd point that out.

I actually have no idea if Jo has played more than that, I just thought I'd throw it in for the sake of it, cos I'm bored.

I heard a bit on Radio Scotland tonight with an interview of 2 A&R guys and Rob Hicks. Rob was on about the "cream of the north". One of the A&R mentioned the recent Make Tracks CD but it's funny how only 4 bands from this other talent trawl in February got to GoNorth and it's roughly the same people involved.

Then there's the Moray scene which have a few decent bands like The Method and Small Enclosed Area but fail to even register on GoNorth. The Highland and Islands are sparsely represented...pathetic.

Anyway, on a positive note, if you want to see a really decent band from this strange little gathering, check out Spindrift who are awesome live and have excellent songs. The A&R guy namechecked them and they are shit hot. Triple Kirks 8.45 Thursday

They are playng KeithChaos on 18th June as are SEA and The Method

http:\\www.keithchaos.com

keith chaos is where its at :)

incidently did anyone actually go to gonorth tonight and if so' date=' thoughts? any good talent on offer?[/quote']

Keith Chaos is indeed where its at, and we have a sexy and wonderfull compere, eh Del, eh ;)

I was at GoNorth tonight, checking out some of the acts from outside of Aberdeen, and I even went and heard MMw do a track. I'm a fussy bastard so very little of it appealed to me, though I would say the Fence Collective was the most promising.

Cheers

Stuart

Shock

I actually saw 'industry' folk watching bands! Then leaving quickly to watch more bands...

I have to say that, regardless of what people think and personal opinions, this is a fairly important event and realy must be supported by all in whatever manner...

C'mon abidee... Lets get off the politicogeographical high horse and enjoy yourselfs... Accept the fact that there will be politics and agendas involved and get over it...

Jimbob onlygotonefreedrinkattheshmoozefest Ewen

:cheers::D

one thing goNorth illustrates to me every year is how far behind most Aberdeen bands are compared with the bands playing at it from down South and abroad. Originality of music, look and presentation, sense of contemporary musical taste and just plain ol' cool are pretty lacking in the locals. Sure there are some good musicians but the overall package i.e star quality seems to be thin on the ground.