aberdeen-music

goNORTH 2005

Aly Gray

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets be honest the whole things been turned into such a joke this year' date=' it's battle of the favourites, not the best, whats the point.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Somebody still sulking because none of the acts he manges cut the mustard? ;)

The Aberdeen music scene isn't all about you y'know, so stop your whining!

Which favourites are playing, and who are they favourites of? We're playing because we put in demos and bios and have our shit together, we got asked to play by Robert Hicks, who I've never met and certainly doesn't know us, the only person involved we know is Dave Stewart at the Foyer, and the only reason we know each other is because I went to him for some advice, and very valuable it was too, another resource open to all that's ignored. GoNorth is anything but a joke, it's just a shame that people don't capitalise on it..

Somebody still sulking because none of the acts he manges cut the mustard? ;)

The Aberdeen music scene isn't all about you y'know' date=' so stop your whining!

Which favourites are playing, and who are they favourites of? We're playing because we put in demos and bios and have our shit together, we got asked to play by Robert Hicks, who I've never met and certainly doesn't know us, the only person involved we know is Dave Stewart at the Foyer, and the only reason we know each other is because I went to him for some advice, and very valuable it was too, another resource open to all that's ignored. GoNorth is anything but a joke, it's just a shame that people don't capitalise on it..[/quote']

Uhuh, so what about the 3 acts who have been asked who didnt even submit demoes ?

And if you want to talk about cutting the mutard, you're getting into dangerous territory as Jo has achieved a lot more than MMw. It has been admitted that many of the bands playing didnt submit so in what way does that seem fair ? So MMw were one of the few Aberdeen acts who submitted, well done, but arent you playing a showcase where the maximum age was 25 as it's associated with the Foyer and no-one older than that can use the foyere, please remind me, how old's your singer ?

I'm just trying to work out how the rules have been changed to accomodate, thats all...

Cheers

Stuart

Well lets be honest the whole things been turned into such a joke this year' date=' it's battle of the favourites, not the best, whats the point.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

awwww ;( whos a little winging no-mark indie bollocks manager today then?

cheer up, maybe next year sucker!

Good luck to the Weapon boys (seriously, as a minimum youll get some great gigs on the back of it), PLUS!! > if you do well at Go North ill have a word with the nice people at GoFuck and see what they can do for next year ;)

awwww ;( whos a little winging no-mark indie bollocks manager today then?

cheer up' date=' maybe next year sucker!

Good luck to the Weapon boys (seriously, as a minimum youll get some great gigs on the back of it), PLUS!! > if you do well at Go North ill have a word with the nice people at GoFuck and see what they can do for next year ;)[/quote']

I hope MMw do well out of it, but it's also good to realise that the selection process has been seriously flawed, I do think MMw deserve to be in it, but I also think there are a lot of bands playing who dont, simple as that, I think thats a fair point.

Cheers

Stuart

but arent you playing a showcase where the maximum age was 25 as it's associated with the Foyer and no-one older than that can use the foyer

Is that true? Cos as of last week I am now to old to use the Foyer!

Balls. Kinda scuppers our recording plans....

Am I any use to anyone now that I'm 26....? ;)

Depends if you can get them to turn a blind eye to your age or not' date=' I guess? ;)

thats so....''my bands better than your band'', it should get a special award

Now now, be fair, he was only replying to Jamesy's comment that Jo can't cut it...

http://www.foyerlive.com/

Sadly it says :

"Foyer Music is the music department of a charity based in the north-east of Scotland who provide supported accomodation,

education & training to people under 25 years of age.

Please note that our facilities are only available to people under 25 years of age."

bad luck,

Cheers

Stuart

I dont think you do actually....since half an hour ago you were publicly trying to undermine their actual right to play the gig

I don't think there's a question of right to play a gig, it's up to the organisers - but whatever happened to integrity and honesty? :down:

Guest Zeenat Aman

I just read the small print, it's for people with the mental age of 25 or below. :rockon:

So, I dont think tantrum stuart has a chance in hell, I advise trying for the 14 and unders!! :D

I dont think you do actually....since half an hour ago you were publicly trying to undermine their actual right to play the gig

tut tut

Not at all I was publically stating that the process for picking the bands is corrupt and that it would appear that a lot of the bands shouldnt be playing, and even MMw would appear to be playing in the wrong category. I've said to several people that I think MMw are probably the only local band who should be playing GoNorth who are this year. I think that a showcase that in general showcases some of the weaker bands in Aberdeen (MMw excepted) is stupid and achieves nothing.

Whether any of my acts were playing or not, I think as acts who didnt submit were asked to play I have a right to be annoyed at the process.

Cheers

Stuart

Whether any of my acts were playing or not' date=' I think as acts who didnt submit were asked to play I have a right to be annoyed at the process.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

if you really are that angry about the whole thing then I suggest you

A)have a wank

B)have two wanks