aberdeen-music

Favourite Lemon Tree Gig Ever?

offramp

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be the Fudge Night when The Libertines played back in 2002!! It was fucking mental!!

Pete also jumped on my head off the stage!! Bastard!

the fuckers threw a radio mic into the audience, and the lemon tree billed us for 200. still, it was a nice busy gig, and they made it up to us in kind later... :gringo:

radiohead were pretty good when they played, to say the least. and RFTC - loved the tambourine dancer falling backwards through the firedoor at the side of the stage and bouncing out onto the street...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Sugarhill Gang concert last year was top notch' date=' so i'd put that narrowly ahead of Arrest Development and Spearhead.[/quote']

fact

the sugarhill gang were minimg to back tracks & only had their microphones opened up between songs

fact

the sugarhill gang show was a total embaressment

Has to be the Fudge Night when The Libertines played back in 2002!! It was fucking mental!!

Pete also jumped on my head off the stage!! Bastard!

fact

the libertines that night sounded like a third rate small faces meets the kinks

in a bland kind of way. the show was also pretty tame & that band have been

grossly overrated ever since

fact

the sugarhill gang were minimg to back tracks & only had their microphones opened up between songs

If it's a fact' date=' I presume you'll have something to enforce that view...

I was at the front, and at points, they were 6 inches from my face during songs, I'm pretty sure that they weren't miming, and the microphones seemed to be working fine for the encore of Rapper's Delight at the end where the microphone's were randomly put in front of a crowd member for them to sing a line.

fact

the sugarhill gang show was a total embaressment

An embarassment to who? I'm sure they weren't embarassed. I know I wasn't embarassed. That'll do me to be honest, but if I have any more personal opinions for you to try and discard with your fact attacks, I'll be sure to let you know.