aberdeen-music

best punk song ever...?

nobody_girl

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman
i never said i was punk' date=' but here goes, i'm punk because im not being a moron like you, who sees punks only as white boys with mohawks from the 70's.

punk is not necessarily about originality but at the same time not, however the points about nirvana and prodigy was that look at the charts at the time, who else was doing what either band was doing? wether it was mocking novelty techno or ripping off the pixies, nobody else was doing it like that. as for NWA, at that time in america(Reagan/Bush era) being black and having something to say was punk.[/quote']

I can't recall arguing any case for white boys with mohawks from the 70's being punks only feature but yet again you have proved how clueless you are. Mohawks was a second wave of punk thing, I cannot for the life of me think of one original late seventies punk band member having a mohawk other than Joe Strummers dodgy effort during the Combat Rock era. The Exploited, etc were the ones who did the whole mohawk thing.

The Prodigy weren't 'mocking' novelty techno, their first hit Charly WAS novelty techno and they were in very god company with a wealth of other dire techno bads cropping up such as Altern8.

I'm afraid I can't actually understand most of your post as it shows little grasp of how to form coherent sentences. I'll leave it at that, you came into this thread hurling abuse at people without actually seeming to understand the discussion that was taking place.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I refuse to vote on the grounds that Green Day are considered a punk band on it.

Good call. I'm not even going to read the list on principle, but, for me, the best pure punk song of all time was the e.p. version of "Lexicon devil" by The Germs.

Didn't vote either, in my opinion the best song on the list is The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet (my dad's favourite song strangely enough) but wouldn't say it's particularly punk.

Bah. Musical classifications annoy me and they're pointless, no one ever agrees.

why are greenday not punk?

Without being genre defining, their music rebels against fuck all and the punk mentality is lost on them.

"Oh but they did this and that against the Iraq Wr....toally inspirational......"

Bollocks. Up there with the worst bands ever.

I can't recall arguing any case for white boys with mohawks from the 70's being punks only feature but yet again you have proved how clueless you are. Mohawks was a second wave of punk thing' date=' I cannot for the life of me think of one original late seventies punk band member having a mohawk other than Joe Strummers dodgy effort during the Combat Rock era. The Exploited, etc were the ones who did the whole mohawk thing.

The Prodigy weren't 'mocking' novelty techno, their first hit Charly WAS novelty techno and they were in very god company with a wealth of other dire techno bads cropping up such as Altern8.

I'm afraid I can't actually understand most of your post as it shows little grasp of how to form coherent sentences. I'll leave it at that, you came into this thread hurling abuse at people without actually seeming to understand the discussion that was taking place.[/quote']

i wasnt aware i was being tested on my english. as for hurling abuse,when when exactly did this hurling take place?

i was merely pointing out that how iggnorant it is to "not vote" or claim the list to be bolloks because of the nominees. i'd love to have seen you at your local polling station earlier this month "what? theres a tory candidate? this ballot paper must be wrong, i dont agree with this! its an out rage"

scrote

Guest bluesxman
i wasnt aware i was being tested on my english. as for hurling abuse' date='when when exactly did this hurling take place?

i was merely pointing out that how iggnorant it is to "not vote" or claim the list to be bolloks because of the nominees. i'd love to have seen you at your local polling station earlier this month "what? theres a tory candidate? this ballot paper must be wrong, i dont agree with this! its an out rage"

scrote[/quote']

Pfffft :sleeping: . I seem to remember your opening gambit was along the lines of 'all you people are talking shit'. I then got called a moron for arguing for 'white boys from the 70's with mohawks' being what punk is all about. Which I never even said once. So forgive me for taking issue with you.

By the way, 'Static Age' or 'Legacy Of Brutality' are infinitely better Misfits albums than 'Famous Monsters' :D

Pfffft :sleeping: . I seem to remember your opening gambit was along the lines of 'all you people are talking shit'. I then got called a moron for arguing for 'white boys from the 70's with mohawks' being what punk is all about. Which I never even said once. So forgive me for taking issue with you.

By the way' date=' 'Static Age' or 'Legacy Of Brutality' are infinitely better Misfits albums than 'Famous Monsters' :D[/quote']

well thats grand, but i dont see "you're talking shit" as hurling abuse.

well done you managed to read my profile which lists albums which im listening to at the moment.did you presume that im not aware that the misfits have a back catalogue?

by the way 'Aaron Gilman' is an infinitely better person than 'mjg1971' :D (that is fact, you stated an opinion.